Signature or no Signature?

UPSGUY72

OT , The only way I could DR shipper release stuff in non-DR areas was to use SDN and the relkey? function. Is there another way?

If it's a shipper release package you use the release number soft button not the sdn key.

The shipper release key put the package in the system as a shipper released package that ups isn't responsible for. Using the sdn doesn't do that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it's a shipper release package you use the release number soft button not the sdn key.

The shipper release key put the package in the system as a shipper released package that ups isn't responsible for. Using the sdn doesn't do that.
oh okay, it was relnum. nevermind, thanks.

dirtdog

I have customers I have talked to, and they want their delivers left, even if they aren't around. In this case, you can hit the DR button, then SDN button, then type in the last name, and hit "2" for commercial. I would only do this, however, if you have talked to the customer first.

Geo926

The methods clearly state that you must get a signature at ALL commercial stops--no exceptions.

Actually that is not true in my center. We have been told to leave shipper release packages at commercial stops even if they are closed. We were instructed by our center manager and LP to do so.

UPSGUY72

I have customers I have talked to, and they want their delivers left, even if they aren't around. In this case, you can hit the DR button, then SDN button, then type in the last name, and hit "2" for commercial. I would only do this, however, if you have talked to the customer first.

You only do that if they signed a dr notice. A verbal authorization it's going help you when there package turns up missing.

Dr a package isn't dishonest. Signing a person name or saying they sign a dr notice when they didn't is.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When they are open? Absolutely.

When they are closed? No way in hell.

You do realize what a "Shipper release" package says after you big arrow down, do you not?
It is to be left at ANY stop without obtaining a signature. If you feel that security, or lack there of would allow the parcel to be stolen, you'd take it back to the center, and the consignee would have to come and pick it up.

I love it when you're wrong :D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do realize what a "Shipper release" package says after you big arrow down, do you not?
It is to be left at ANY stop without obtaining a signature. If you feel that security, or lack there of would allow the parcel to be stolen, you'd take it back to the center, and the consignee would have to come and pick it up.

I love it when you're wrong :D

No way I DR any pkg outside of a closed business.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No way I DR any pkg outside of a closed business.

So you're clearly in violation of the methods, got it. Just because you violate the methods, doesn't mean that we who do it right are incorrect. It would be YOU who is wrong.

We all know it, just go ahead and admit it. You could say "I, Dave am wrong", try it. It's not so hard

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
When they are open? Absolutely.

When they are closed? No way in hell.

Shipper release absolves us of any responsibility for the package. The board instructs us to leave it. And you won't?

Meanwhile, you'll release a pkg to a closed church?

What's the difference?

Have you been instructed follow the rules if, it suits you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Shipper release absolves us of any responsibility for the package. The board instructs us to leave it. And you won't?

Meanwhile, you'll release a pkg to a closed church?

What's the difference?

Have you been instructed follow the rules if, it suits you?

I have one church on my area and all deliveries are left on a desk in a side entryway. DR, SD.

My deliveries are done by 3pm so it is not an issue but if I ever had a shipper release for a closed business and I was unable to indirect I would sheet it as closed. No way in hell I am leaving a pkg outside of a closed business.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I have one church on my area and all deliveries are left on a desk in a side entryway. DR, SD.

My deliveries are done by 3pm so it is not an issue but if I ever had a shipper release for a closed business and I was unable to indirect I would sheet it as closed. No way in hell I am leaving a pkg outside of a closed business.

The board tells you to leave it.