Signature or no Signature?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As a business owner I would be :censored2: if my driver did this to me, regardless of the "method". It is called doing the right thing.

Dave, regardless of your feelings, you are 100% wrong in your stance. You aren't a business owner, like the rest of us here you're just a dumb truck driver, so follow the methods and stop trying to justify why it's fine for you to not follow methods, but instruct others to.

porkwagon

As a business owner I would be :censored2: if my driver did this to me, regardless of the "method". It is called doing the right thing.
And if you as the business owner were not there to receive the parcel that should have been released the first time, were not there the next two attempts, what should we do then? Send it back customer not available after 3 attempts? That would go over well.

porkwagon

Some men, you just can't reach.

Here, you don't DR a Shipper Release the first time it's a warning letter.
As it should be. You are not servicing the shipper and are creating more work, for free, for you, the unloader, a couple sorters, and a couple of loaders.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And if we ignore this, we are not only not giving the shipper what they want and expect, we are now taking on the cost of handling the parcel and processing it more than we need or should.
But taking care of the consignee customer.

Regardless, this is a lot of gnashing over nothing.

wayfair

swollen member
I have a few businesses that I DR.

Hit DR, SDN, type in SOF(signature on file)

then type where I left pkg/s, stop complete

press 2 for commercial.

porkwagon

Ok, what if the consingnee customer is unavailable after three attempts and it's shipper release. I don't think it would get that far because your boss will be in your face after the first/

porkwagon

you get compensated for your "more work"
That's true, we, the hired hands get compensated for the "more work" but the company does not get compensated for the "more work" we would be taking upon ourselves to do as this service is cheaper than the standard service if I am not mistaken.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Why the hell would you sign your name for a delivery? You didn't order it, it's not your package, it's not your address, it's not your responsibility. NI1 or CLO1, leave an info-notice, and return the next day. End of story.
Jeez, you rookies get on my damn nerves!
First, I'm no rookie. 15 years in package. Second, I said it's how I did it, if I wanted MY business customer to get their low value package or letter, I signed for it to show it was delivered to the correct address and that I was willing to take the blame if it was lost at an honest customers address. I'd sign for maybe 3 pkgs a month, tops. I never had an issue , never got called in the office, and when a customer would call and say they never signed for a delivery or couldn't find it, I told the truth to the OMS. EVERY time the customer thanked me for getting the package delivered. Like I said, it's how I did it, and did it without forgery. It was my perogative. Some people cut corners to steal time, or get home early. I did it for my customers that needed their pkg (BTW, never left pkgs outside, only inside a shop or office when they'd stepped out for something). Now I'm in feeder and it's ancient history.

Last edited:

upschuck

I doubt that and certainly not in the BOG.

As illogical as it seems, Shipper Release is to be left on first delivery attempt.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/release.html

Shipper Release
Authorize a delivery without a signature requirement

Description Have UPS deliver your package without requiring the recipient's signature.
Terms of Service These terms of service apply to Shipper Release:

• UPS will make only one delivery attempt.
  • UPS will not obtain a signature upon delivery.
  • A UPS delivery record will be conclusive proof of delivery.
  • The shipper accepts liability for any loss or damage to the package after delivery.
Pricing
View Pricing for Value-Added Services

Note: Shipper Release is only available for packages valued at less than US$999.00 per package or equivalent in local currency.
1.gif
We actually had a guy get a warning letter for Dr'ing a SR package, because he didn't leave it out of sight(side door). Think it was rescinded, but don't know for sure.