Signed delivery notices at apartments?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kerbinator, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kerbinator

kerbinator Member

is it acceptable to leave a package at an apartment door with a singed delivery notice? I had an oms tell me today that it's not, but I've never heard that in my life.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Depends on the apt. I have some I DR, and some I won't leave with a signed note.

3. kerbinator

kerbinator Member

but if the package turns up missing, it's not on the driver, right? that's what's happening in my case.

I thought the whole point of singed delivery notices was signing the liability of the package off to the customer.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Agree depend on location. I'm a cover and if I don't know the area or the type of people in the apartments it doesn't get left.

5. brownmonster

Much like a driver release, it still needs to be left in a safe location. Driver discretion plays a big part. Area knowledge helps.

6. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

not on my area. Apartments are sig req and will only leave at office if they accept for residents.

I have 19 properties on my route and only 5 of the offices will accept for residents...

on the back of del notice, I circle the 1 800 number, write out "call for pickup", cross out signature lines and write "n/a",

circle "b" option and underline "in person"

7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I would ask the center manager tomorrow in the a m and do this from here on out. It's not what we say or what you want. It's what they want. The sooner you understand this the Better you will coexist.

8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Ask for it in writing and watch the answers change.
    When one comes up missing as a result of a "gray" area release, they will hang it on the driver.
    Don't let them use you as an insurance policy.

9. rod

rod retired and happy

Damn---now you have to sing at your stops? I'm glad I got out when I did.

10. brownmonster

You are depriving your former customers of your sweet tenor voice.

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Actually the first part of my career I was a soprano until I learned to not let them kick me in the nads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

12. undies

undies Active Member

Just DR everything at the mail boxes and let the residents sort through them.

13. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

If they sign the delivery notice, I drop it. It's not my concern if it's a "sketchy" area. They don't want their stuff stolen, they should move to a better, (less section 8) of an apartment

14. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Man! You got some big balls to say that!

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Aren't you the driver who has no problem sheeting commercial stops as CLO 1 away from the delivery location?

16. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

It all depends on if you have the money to pay for a replacement package...

17. superballs63

Yes, and No. I SHEET the stops closed 1 AT the business location. Now if it is between 12 and 1, I will COMPLETE the stop after 1 at another location.

Distinction.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Distinction without a difference---the customer is still getting screwed.

19. superballs63

When there is someone at the business 4 days out of the week (at the SAME time) , and are closed ONE day per week, nobody is getting screwed. If it had been a concern they might have called in a complaint once or twice over 4 years.

Just a thought

20. DS

DS Fenderbender

Who needs a sdn,if I can get in the building I leave it at the door.
    As instructed.