Signed delivery notices at apartments?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When there is someone at the business 4 days out of the week (at the SAME time) , and are closed ONE day per week, nobody is getting screwed. If it had been a concern they might have called in a complaint once or twice over 4 years. Just a thought

If it is a known closure on the same day each week you should get your PDS to pull it on that day; if not, they should be sheeted as CLO H.

gostillerz

If it is a known closure on the same day each week you should get your PDS to pull it on that day; if not, they should be sheeted as CLO H.

Sheeting them as CLO H if it's not a holiday is falsification of records. UPS doesn't recognize every Monday for barber shops, or Arbor Day for instance, as holidays. The correct method is to sheet as CLO 1, 2 or 3. If the 2nd or 3rd attempt falls on an official holiday, said attempt would be sheeted as CLO H.

S

serenity now

different policies everywhere * my center does not let drivers use any Clo# for a business * must be NI# *
don't think / work as directed

Dan133

I would ask the center manager tomorrow in the a m and do this from here on out. It's not what we say or what you want. It's what they want. The sooner you understand this the Better you will coexist.
And ask this the center manager this question: If I leave a box on a signed delivery notice and it disappears and it turns out to have a declared value of $950, am I STILL not responsible? If the answer is yes then and only then you should start leaving packages on signed delivery notices. An apartment delivery is never a 'safe' delivery and you must make your manager understand that he is instructing you to leave the parcels on the SDN and that you will not be held responsible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And ask this the center manager this question: If I leave a box on a signed delivery notice and it disappears and it turns out to have a declared value of $950, am I STILL not responsible? If the answer is yes then and only then you should start leaving packages on signed delivery notices. An apartment delivery is never a 'safe' delivery and you must make your manager understand that he is instructing you to leave the parcels on the SDN and that you will not be held responsible.

Actually the customer is instructing you to leave the package(s)-- when he/she fills out the SDN they are releasing UPS from any liability.

The only truly safe apartment delivery is one in which you meet the customer and hand them the package. Secured entry would be next. The least safe are those apartment complexes which the general public has access to.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The customers signature on the back of the delivery note is the same as their signature in person, unless the package is Adult Signature Required. If they sign the note, I leave the package. Simple.