signed the 9.5 list

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Their is something in the contract about "piling up" loading you up on Thursday and Friday.
It really doesn't matter which two days. Just that they aren't supposed to load you up the other two days.

I can tell you right now if I was on the 9.5 list and they decided to load my ass up for two day I promise I would go over a 3rd day.

BrownTexas

It really doesn't matter which two days. Just that they aren't supposed to load you up the other two days.

I can tell you right now if I was on the 9.5 list and they decided to load my ass up for two day I promise I would go over a 3rd day.
Doesn't mean you will win the grievance. If they prove you were running up miles or taking to long at stops it won't pay out. Fair pays work for a fair days pay. Not retaliation for getting 2 over 9.5s so you lay down on them a 3rd.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Doesn't mean you will win the grievance. If they prove you were running up miles or taking to long at stops it won't pay out. Fair pays work for a fair days pay. Not retaliation for getting 2 over 9.5s so you lay down on them a 3rd.

That's funny you guys bring this up as we have a satellite driver who is on the 9.5 list but the center manager and (supposedly) the BM claim that it's not a bad dispatch but poor performance. It's going to be interesting when all his grievances go to panel. Hard to say which way it will go because he is the only driver at the satellite and has been on the route for 5 years and still runs it slow. Whenever we cover the route, we always have missed stops due to running out of time. I'd like the center manager / BM run that route faster.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How do you suppose they will "prove" that?
SPOHR???
LOL!!!!
Isolate 2 variables and pretend it encompasses the whole equation?
Any decent business agent can expose the weakness in that argument.

If the 2 days over show a disparity, it's a grievance.
I take notes and pictures.

Last edited:

CHALLY9TX

SPOHR???
LOL!!!!

This.

They screw around with the numbers. They can make the numbers look however they want them to look.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Work Safely,Work by the Methods. Management will try to say they are paying special attention to troublemakers so give them something to watch. Also,and this is VERY important: the FIRST time you go over 9.5 in a week FILE!!! If they think you are bluffing or arent serious you will get loaded down more than before

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We haven't had a driver come close yet. I think we had one maybe 2 out late - 8pm. Me being one. They Tuesday following new yrs. Otherwise all have been in no later than 7pm

BrownTexas

SPOHR???
LOL!!!!

It's not the numbers they are worried about. But if they see you are purposely running up miles. Or large numbers of dead time. My Ba just mentioned a guy had 2 really good 9.5s. So he wanted a 3rd to get a nice paycheck from the first. So he drove 5 miles off route and had no recording for 25 minutes. So he lost his grievance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's not the numbers they are worried about. But if they see you are purposely running up miles. Or large numbers of dead time. My Ba just mentioned a guy had 2 really good 9.5s. So he wanted a 3rd to get a nice paycheck from the first. So he drove 5 miles off route and had no recording for 25 minutes. So he lost his grievance.

That's dishonest and he's lucky all he got was a lost 9.5 grievance.

I am in no way advocating that anybody "manufacture" a 9.5 grievance.
My point was that the company's allowances and SPOHR calculations fall far short of proving anything on any given day.
There are way too many variables.

I have twice had a 3 day ride cut short because the first day didn't go the way the company wanted it to, only to have them try again several weeks or months later.

The 3 day lock-in ride, on an honest driver, is a mirage created by the company that can be easily dissolved by a good BA that is willing to do the work and expose the variables that weren't considered.

O

OLDMAN3

They just write the checks around here. When they have pounded drivers with 10-11 hours year round it is hard to prove they are not over-dispatching. They outright lost at panel trying to contend a driver was piling up miles.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was told recently, that UPS drivers are "9.5 hour drivers" and this is the standard. Is this a bit concerning, given that contract language has already deemed 9.5 or more hours is excessive overtime? I know management are either sociopaths, or trained to act like so, but shouldn't the national union have a bit more concern for this abuse? What good is the contract anyway? While UPS ignores the contract and every aspect of dignity and humane treatment, file a grievance hope to be paid off for it. Awesome!

Ron Carey lives on

Same in my center Scott7624. The 9.5 problem is basically over in my center. Drivers made it clear that article 37 would be enforced, and it is. The guys that want ot get it. The guys that don't, don't

Sent using BrownCafe App

This.

They screw around with the numbers. They can make the numbers look however they want them to look.
There numbers are so twisted. The last time they did the allowances here they were done with there virtual OJS system. So if u had a runner gunner on that rt that day, the allowances will reflect his "running & gunning"