signed the 9.5 list

Griff

I was told recently, that UPS drivers are "9.5 hour drivers" and this is the standard. Is this a bit concerning, given that contract language has already deemed 9.5 or more hours is excessive overtime? I know management are either sociopaths, or trained to act like so, but shouldn't the national union have a bit more concern for this abuse? What good is the contract anyway? While UPS ignores the contract and every aspect of dignity and humane treatment, file a grievance hope to be paid off for it. Awesome!

Yep. The union is weak as hell at those negotiating tables. In this contract should have been a very simple fix to all the 9.5 crap. Any hours worked beyond 9.5 hours is triple time. No grievances required.

The company wants the 9.5 list debacle because they know there are plenty of drivers who are too scared to buck "management". I use quotes because it's sorta laughable calling these people managers anymore. The only thing they "manage" is the Xerox printer that prints out the 1,001 daily reports of completely useless and irrelevant data.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I use quotes because it's sorta laughable calling these people managers anymore. The only thing they "manage" is the Xerox printer that prints out the 1,001 daily reports of completely useless and irrelevant data.
They would be more aptly labeled "facilitators".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There numbers are so twisted. The last time they did the allowances here they were done with there virtual OJS system. So if u had a runner gunner on that rt that day, the allowances will reflect his "running & gunning"
We lost 24 hours as a center. For two years the center manager begged for a time study because he knew the numbers were terrible.

Finally gets one and loses 24 hours on about 55 routes. Talk about kicked in the nuts.

Grey

I feel like the 9.5 rule is just to tick off sub-4 year drivers lol. Maybe it's just the guys in our center but we're always taking stops off them if they're gonna be over 9.5

BrownTexas

I love being a 9.5 driver. 9.5s on Monday and Tuesday and now the rest of the week will be short and sweet. But they got me good on Monday and Tuesday. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I feel like the 9.5 rule is just to tick off sub-4 year drivers lol. Maybe it's just the guys in our center but we're always taking stops off them if they're gonna be over 9.5
No the union really screwed the low seniority guys this last contract.