Signing a warning ltr, what do you think?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
For future reference, if you have not received discipline within 10 days of knowledge of the incident, it is untimely and cannot be given.

You having received discipline is 10 working days, and the accepted proof of you having received notice is the first day they attempt delivery of your warning letter via registered mail. Please note, you dont have to receive it, it only has to be attempted on the 10th working day after the incident to be timely. This is why it is interesting to see people refuse the delivery of the letter. To the union and the company, and to the panel, as long as the letter was attempted, even though you never got it, in a hearing, it carries the weight of a delivered letter.

Also, it is funny to listen to drivers say they refuse to sign for the letter, or send it back, but yet they want to file a grievance on the letter. How can you file on a letter you have not read?

d

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
For future reference, if you have not received discipline within 10 days of knowledge of the incident, it is untimely and cannot be given.

I was looking at the contract and I cant find where it say they have ten days to issue discipline. The only mention of ten days was after a driver had a accident, 20 days to investigate, 10 days to discipline. Maybe its part off your supplement, but its not in mine. In the New England supplement there is no need to send the warning letter certified mail, all they have to do is hand it to you in person with your shop steward there.

patrico

senior driver
like i've said before. I don't get home in time to see my mail carrier to get my warning letter. couldnt even pick them out in a line up! Why waste $ on certified letter when $'s could be used for a new stylus or car wash!