Silly Customer Complaints

clean hairy

Some I have seen on Internet complaint sites:
"UPS sent my package to an old address I have not lived at for over 5 yrs"
Answer: The Shipper used an old address they have on file, we do not decide what address to send it to.

"I work all day, and am not home, they refuse to deliver after 7PM when I am home"
Answer: The Drivers work all day as well, have it delivered to your work where you can get it"

"The Driver was knocking on my door and ringing the bell at 8PM, I go to bed at 6PM, I have to be up at 2AM for work. Why can't they deliver earlier in the day?"
Answer: You can't win for losing!

"The Driver claims they delivered my package, but looked everywhere and it is not anywhere to be found. I want my package!"
Answer: It very well could have been stolen.

What are some of the complaints you have read of or had?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was one the other day which I thought was kind of funny. One of our guys misdelivered an 81 Rugar Pkwy to 54 Rugar Pkwy. Lady at 81 called in saying we should only hire drivers who can read.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have had some prize winners

A) the new driver on thus route wont sign for my wine like the old driver did!

B)Your driver wont give me his cell number so i can track him down when i need my packages early,or when i need him to come back and get more packages after he has picked up

C) your driver wouldnt put my excersise machine( that weighed 150 pounds) in the thrid floor bedroom where i wanted it

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Few years ago had a very old women complain to customer service that I wouldn't install her internet modem that I had delivered to her from Quest... Guess she thought I was the tech . lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
A long time I used to deliver to a woman who would get QVC and didn't want her husband to know. She politely asked me, "If I'm not home could you please hide it in my bush?" I had to walk away or there would have surely been a complaint filed.

9.5er

Just yesterday I had a NDA for bojangles. I walk in at 10:08. Knock on the door behind the counter. Wait a couple minutes before cashier opens the door. Manager sees me and says I'll be there in a minute. I wait for what seemed an eternity because I still have 4 other NDA stops. What was probably only another minute or two he heads my way. I held the board out to him and he said "Hold on while I take care of my customer" He walks past me to carry a bag of food to a car waiting outside. I put box on the floor and follow him as I was parked in that direction. Once he drops food off he turns to me and asks my name and why I was so impatient.
Really, I'm IMPATIENT??

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've heard complaints where an address got multiple packages and one was a sig required. They'd raise hell over the fact that all were left but one.

On a similar note, I recently ran into a funny situation. A stop was getting four tires, all with their own labels and tracking numbers. However, only one was a sig required. Someone was home but I can only imagine the calls if I left three tires and took the one with me.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
A long time I used to deliver to a woman who would get QVC and didn't want her husband to know. She politely asked me, "If I'm not home could you please hide it in my bush?" I had to walk away or there would have surely been a complaint filed.
If she wasnt home how could you?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a customer call in a trespassing complaint once because I climbed over her gate in order to leave a package of Omaha Steaks on her porch.

A month later, she got another package of Omaha Steaks so I put them in a bag and left them by the gate. she called in a complaint the next day because they got eaten by coyotes, which was what I was trying to avoid the first time when I climbed the gate to leave them on her porch.

This same lady would also call in complaints on me for kicking up too much dust on the gravel road when I drove by her house. She wanted me to either drive 5MPH (on a public road) or "find some other way to go" because she didn't like the dust. Perhaps she should have considered issues like coyotes and dust before she sold her condo in town and chose to take up country living.

ViewAskew

Just yesterday I had a NDA for bojangles. I walk in at 10:08. Knock on the door behind the counter. Wait a couple minutes before cashier opens the door. Manager sees me and says I'll be there in a minute. I wait for what seemed an eternity because I still have 4 other NDA stops. What was probably only another minute or two he heads my way. I held the board out to him and he said "Hold on while I take care of my customer" He walks past me to carry a bag of food to a car waiting outside. I put box on the floor and follow him as I was parked in that direction. Once he drops food off he turns to me and asks my name and why I was so impatient.
Really, I'm IMPATIENT??

At that point I'd have been inclined to sheet NR1 and come back later (having previously been instructed to do so by management).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That reminds me dish network is doubling our call tag work. Someone please end the empty box delivery with enclosed call tag.

I had one of those empty boxes for a guy who was just convicted and is now serving time for manslaughter. Rather than sheet it up as "incarcerated" I put it by his front door (at home, not at the jail). It'll probably still be sitting there when he gets out in 15-25 years.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Whenever I get those empty Dish recovery boxes, just looking at the Dish logo starts to piss me off. And the longer I look at it, the more pissed off I get. I'm not sure why.
Dish_Logo-645x278.png