Silly Customer Complaints

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just yesterday I had a NDA for bojangles. I walk in at 10:08. Knock on the door behind the counter. Wait a couple minutes before cashier opens the door. Manager sees me and says I'll be there in a minute. I wait for what seemed an eternity because I still have 4 other NDA stops. What was probably only another minute or two he heads my way. I held the board out to him and he said "Hold on while I take care of my customer" He walks past me to carry a bag of food to a car waiting outside. I put box on the floor and follow him as I was parked in that direction. Once he drops food off he turns to me and asks my name and why I was so impatient.
Really, I'm IMPATIENT??

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think he meant the door around the back of the building that opens up behind the counter.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whenever I get those empty Dish recovery boxes, just looking at the Dish logo starts to piss me off. And the longer I look at it, the more pissed off I get. I'm not sure why.View attachment 20005
I am the exact opposite.

Dish Network boxes are easy. They don't weigh anything. The call tags don't weigh anything either. What would you rather haul up 3 flights of stairs...a bunch of heavy crap or a Dish Network box with nothing in it but foam?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think the 'd' and 'h' look like condescending eyebrows, and everything in between looks like a sarcastic nose and mouth and it makes me want to smack it.

soberups

At that point I'd have been inclined to sheet NR1 and come back later (having previously been instructed to do so by management).
Sheeting it as "refused" and sending it back tends to have a much more dramatic effect on the customers willingness to sign for future deliveries in a timely manner.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Had a customer call in a trespassing complaint once because I climbed over her gate in order to leave a package of Omaha Steaks on her porch.

A month later, she got another package of Omaha Steaks so I put them in a bag and left them by the gate. she called in a complaint the next day because they got eaten by coyotes, which was what I was trying to avoid the first time when I climbed the gate to leave them on her porch.

This same lady would also call in complaints on me for kicking up too much dust on the gravel road when I drove by her house. She wanted me to either drive 5MPH (on a public road) or "find some other way to go" because she didn't like the dust. Perhaps she should have considered issues like coyotes and dust before she sold her condo in town and chose to take up country living.

LOL
I know you are going to grill me about asking this, but why would you climb a gate to deliver a package of Omaha Steaks. I understand you're a veteran and you go above and beyond for the customer. But if some resident wants to live somewhere with a gate, I'm not going to "Hardcastle and McCormick" my way over it to deliver ANYTHING.
Even your panther agility won't save you if you got hurt doing it. LOL, I respect you as a hard working driver but there's gotta be a line in the sand you can't cross.

:bigsmile2::bigsmile2::bigsmile2::bigsmile2:

oldngray

nowhere special
Aren't Omaha Steaks always shipper release? Toss those bad boys anywhere - such as outside the gate. NEVER climb over to deliver. I did that at first but then learned its a no no.

soberups

LOL
I know you are going to grill me about asking this, but why would you climb a gate to deliver a package of Omaha Steaks. I understand you're a veteran and you go above and beyond for the customer. But if some resident wants to live somewhere with a gate, I'm not going to "Hardcastle and McCormick" my way over it to deliver ANYTHING.
Even your panther agility won't save you if you got hurt doing it. LOL, I respect you as a hard working driver but there's gotta be a line in the sand you can't cross.

Its a valid question.

Ordinarily I would never even consider dragging my fat ass over a gate, but this particular gate was very low and only intended to keep cars out of the driveway. "Climbing" was a poor choice of words on my part, I sort of put one foot on one of the rungs and stepped up over it. And I knew the customer had recently moved in and might be unaware of the coyotes in the area, so I felt that leaving the steaks on her porch rather than by the gate was the better option. Obviously, I was wrong.:biggrin:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Just yesterday I had a NDA for bojangles. I walk in at 10:08. Knock on the door behind the counter. Wait a couple minutes before cashier opens the door. Manager sees me and says I'll be there in a minute. I wait for what seemed an eternity because I still have 4 other NDA stops. What was probably only another minute or two he heads my way. I held the board out to him and he said "Hold on while I take care of my customer" He walks past me to carry a bag of food to a car waiting outside. I put box on the floor and follow him as I was parked in that direction. Once he drops food off he turns to me and asks my name and why I was so impatient.
Really, I'm IMPATIENT??
The general population has no clue how under the gun we are as drivers... if you think about it, I bet we get more work done by 10:30am than most people do all day!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL

I have done this as well----not for steaks, but for something that I did not feel should be left by the mailbox down by the road.

I do draw the line at rummaging through someone's glove box to verify their address by looking at their registration or title.

Johney

I don't mind the boxes. They're light and I can just drop and run. The call tag that shows up a few weeks later is another matter.
Loves those. Just apply Call tag to empty box still sitting by front door of unoccupied house.....voila, easy as it gets.