Silly Customer Complaints

The Driver

I drive.
I love the places that send 5 packages that all look the same yet 1 has a $6,000 cod on it.

"We don't have the money today."

"That's fine. You can keep these 4. I'll bring the 5th one back tomorrow."

Shipper should have paid that extra $1 and put cods on all of them.

I've been tempted to do this. Is this fair game?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Its a valid question.

Ordinarily I would never even consider dragging my fat ass over a gate, but this particular gate was very low and only intended to keep cars out of the driveway. "Climbing" was a poor choice of words on my part, I sort of put one foot on one of the rungs and stepped up over it. And I knew the customer had recently moved in and might be unaware of the coyotes in the area, so I felt that leaving the steaks on her porch rather than by the gate was the better option. Obviously, I was wrong.:biggrin:
Perhaps the Coyotes got smart and called in all the subsequent orders themselves. They can be crafty little buggers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about the ones who live in apartments or big ass office buildings and get stuff 1DS or 2DA but fail to put a suite/apt number, then act like it's our fault their stuff's a day late.

That's because there is a directory, and the driver is too lazy to look them up on the directory, then deliver.
(This is ANOTHER complaint off the internet complaint sites)

This is often the case and upsets me when one of my cover drivers tries to pull this crap of not looking at the directory to at least try to find the suite number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Shipper should have paid that extra $1 and put cods on all of them.

COD charges are closer to $10 per package.

I have one customer who regularly gets multiple package COD shipments where the shipper puts a "Deliver With COD Box" sticker on the prepaid packages. She always has the money ready but if by chance she didn't I would leave the prepaid and bring the COD back either that afternoon or the following day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If someone has a gate like that it's to keep people out. If they have not provided me with an access code or a reasonable means of getting past said barricade then it's to keep me out too and I'll be back tomorrow to try again.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If someone has a gate like that it's to keep people out. If they have not provided me with an access code or a reasonable means of getting past said barricade then it's to keep me out too and I'll be back tomorrow to try again.
People on my route will have a gate to either keep people out or keep something in. Bag it and hang it.

Future

Victory Ride
Few years ago had a very old women complain to customer service that I wouldn't install her internet modem that I had delivered to her from Quest... Guess she thought I was the tech . lol
had that one before on a couple items..."well women on the phone said you would assemble (item) when you delivered it" ........not alot but a few times to keep me grinning!

Stopher

Customers that frequently get wine and either want to sign the infonotice to receive their package or check the box for the time they want an attempt on their delivery or just write "come after 6." Also when customers want u to come back for there iPhone 6. I don't go back for toys. If it is your necessary medication to survive ill go back but not so u can fart around on your iPhone.

Future

Victory Ride
I've heard complaints where an address got multiple packages and one was a sig required. They'd raise hell over the fact that all were left but one.

On a similar note, I recently ran into a funny situation. A stop was getting four tires, all with their own labels and tracking numbers. However, only one was a sig required. Someone was home but I can only imagine the calls if I left three tires and took the one with me.
Hate when that happens......really the customer has noooo idea y 1 pkg wasnt left....would piss me off also if I didnt know the reason.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Hands down dumbest Customer complaint...." Driver did not knock or ring bell"
Thats probably the one complaint that is the most frequent. If i need a signature you will hear the pounding or the bell go off 4 times. Its sometimes fun to see their reaction on their face . But if its big or heavy side door near garage and drive away. No time to drag it in anymore due to management overloading. we are not supposed to talk to anybody according to our methods.

PhatAzz

People on my route will have a gate to either keep people out or keep something in. Bag it and hang it.

EXACTLY!!!!! People put up fences and gates to either 1) keep people OUT or 2) keep animals IN. I will NOT go in a gated/fenced yard if I'm not familiar with the stop. I'll lay on the horn and wait a minute. Bag it and drop it over the fence or leave a notice for tomorrow.
If it's not important enough to the customer to either allow me access or even mark their property with a street number..... why should it be important to me? If they don't care whether they get their stuff - then why should I care? Help me get your stuff to you.

barnyard

KTM rider
Customer service must be asking these customers if we knocked. Of course they are going to say no if they think you will have to attempt again that day.

Customers actually call in to complain that we do not knock. Typical call, "I have been tracking my package and all of a sudden is is listed as 'delivered.' Go out and check and it is at the front door. I have been waiting all day for that package. If the driver would have knocked, I could have played with my adult toys that much sooner."

Green light of death Friday was, "Knock per the methods. We have already received several did not knock concerns."