Silly messages....

overallowed

"Wear light colored clothing" (summertime) After they dress us in dark brown.

I'm still waiting for my khaki uniform made by Banana Republic

NHDRVR

Another funny message is "Who would be interested in a day off sometime this week." (trying to get the laid-off guys to work)

Then when we offer to take the day we can't get it...

M

Mike23

I had a split one day and had an oncall come in. I paged in the company had moved. This was at around 1500. I get a page at 1700 asking why I didn't pickup the package. I was in my split area (20min away) and paged the company had moved. I got a page stating they were waiting for pickup. I paged THEY MOVED. This went on until 1800 when I was ordered to go back and pick up the package. I told them they moved again, went back, and shockingly, the door where they used to be, was still locked!

I called the management and told them to stop 'bleeping' wasting time and was told if I talked to him that way again we'd go across the street...maybe for ice cream? So, in all, around an hour and a half wasted because management didn't call the customer. I did this around 1510 and was told by customer they moved. I even asked management to call the customer, unfortunately it seems pressing numbers elude them. Maybe that's why our numbers are never fixed?

GeorgiaBrown

Mike23,

Amen.... sounds so familiar.... stems from the certified management conclusion that all drivers are dishonest, lazy and incompetent.....I've had very similiar experiences.......If we don't know our rtes......... who does?.....somebody who only gets on road to go out to lunch or spy on the real people who make UPS money!

born2Bwild

got a message: "send us infos. re all miss loaded packages that you can't deliver." so I did I got a response: can you deliver them?

Tiny Panda

We get a usual "is everyone ok or do they need help" so in the past i have replied "need help" and get the response "sorry no help is avaliable but please be back for the feed"

Dustyroads

I hate it when they send out messages filled with abbreviations that they just made up, like they are texting or something, even though they are sitting in the office at a perfectly good keyboard. Its lk wht th hll r thy thkng?

Hedley_Lamarr

" You have a pkg for 123 Main St. knock hard he is deaf"
Ive had that one, Always a goodie. Thing is the guy didn't answer, now mind you there is a dog inside the house that is going absolutely friggen bonkers. I'm thinking that this mutt is gonna break the friggen door down. So I sheet NI1. I get a message (CUSTOMER AT 53 LIVINGSTON STATES YOU DIDN'T KNOCK LOUD ENOUGH YOU NEED TO GO BACK. CUSTOMER IS DEAF.) So just for sheets and giggles I go back, same thing no answer, dog is going nuts. I call the center from this guys door and get the lady on the phone that sent me the message. I said, can you hear the dog going crazy? She's like uuuhhh yeah. I said I understand this guys deaf, but doesn't he notice his dog trying the break down the door?? She just said just sheet NI again.

Hedley_Lamarr

I had two trucks one day, one with a few bulk stops in the morning and then a split. One of the stops on the bulk truck was closed, I sheeted it up closed 1. I get a message later in the day, People at 100 any street are open now need you to reattempt. I reply "Have different truck now those pieces are in building on bulk truck from this morning." I get a message back, Well the customer needs the merchandise we need to reattempt. That's why I love the WILL CONTACT ASAP button...:disgusted:

hdtvtechno

Maybe you'd been setup as a prank..or something.. who knows.. ?

Ive had that one, Always a goodie. Thing is the guy didn't answer, now mind you there is a dog inside the house that is going absolutely friggen bonkers. I'm thinking that this mutt is gonna break the friggen door down. So I sheet NI1. I get a message (CUSTOMER AT 53 LIVINGSTON STATES YOU DIDN'T KNOCK LOUD ENOUGH YOU NEED TO GO BACK. CUSTOMER IS DEAF.) So just for sheets and giggles I go back, same thing no answer, dog is going nuts. I call the center from this guys door and get the lady on the phone that sent me the message. I said, can you hear the dog going crazy? She's like uuuhhh yeah. I said I understand this guys deaf, but doesn't he notice his dog trying the break down the door?? She just said just sheet NI again.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
One of my all time favorites!! After a week of a good porking in 95 degree heat I got this one Friday pm " Lets get it done & get in here !! We got yah water!! """" Hell I was inspired to turn it up a notch ....

P

pickup

I had two trucks one day, one with a few bulk stops in the morning and then a split. One of the stops on the bulk truck was closed, I sheeted it up closed 1. I get a message later in the day, People at 100 any street are open now need you to reattempt. I reply "Have different truck now those pieces are in building on bulk truck from this morning." I get a message back, Well the customer needs the merchandise we need to reattempt. That's why I love the WILL CONTACT ASAP button...:disgusted:

that last message from headquarters " well the customer needs the merchandise........" is very very very scary . What's the point of these messages if no one is paying attention to the content of the responses?Excellent thread, a real eye opener for me. I hope and pray that message capability doesn't make its way to feeders.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
sending on call air pick-up that are 2 to 10 miles off of your area. Two to three times a day. I always send back, 0 for 2 or how many it is.