Simple ? about transfer.

Avalon

Avalon
I am a feeder driver in northern Illinois (710).
My wife is considering a career path that could one day take her to southern California. I know there is no keeping bid seniority in any kind of move. Is there a such thing as a transfer where I could keep my company seniority for my pay and vacations.
Thanks

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Well there must be a way. Because earlier this year they were so hard up for cach drivers they put up a transfer bid here in Wisconsin

barnyard

KTM rider
Well there must be a way. Because earlier this year they were so hard up for cach drivers they put up a transfer bid here in Wisconsin

That was for drivers to move TO cach, not away. A similar bid was put up in Mn buildings for people to move to the Bakken oil patch. The Bakken bids were for PT people to move to FT only.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only way to do this is to get your center manager and the center manager where you're going and the HR at both places to work something out. Basically you'd quit on a Friday then get rehired on Monday in California.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Only way to do this is to get your center manager and the center manager where you're going and the HR at both places to work something out. Basically you'd quit on a Friday then get rehired on Monday in California.

This would only assure continued employment with UPS but he would be considered a new hire and would not retain company seniority.

rod

Retired 22 years

That would never happen ------it would involve cooperation on too many levels (and some actual work).