Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is how to keep from wasting $38 on a six-pack of Twin Hill socks that are garbage made in a Chinese sweatshop. Dont throw old pairs away, just cut the bottoms out to make "shrouds" that slide over a pair of plain white socks!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460233255.804102.jpg

Racer80

I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
I'm a mechanic with ups and at our center we was required to install hooks for the keys as a campaign

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This is how to keep from wasting $38 on a six-pack of Twin Hill socks that are garbage made in a Chinese sweatshop. Dont throw old pairs away, just cut the bottoms out to make "shrouds" that slide over a pair of plain white socks!
View attachment 77176

Rage against The (sewing) Machine, in a blessed sock jihad, believers! This is Holey War!

MC4YOU2

I had a relative that had to go through the maggot treatment, because of a pedicure done by a person with poor hygiene, that got her toe infected. It was extremely painful according to what she said. They finally suggested amputation, because the maggots couldn't keep up.

MC4YOU2

Another thing you can do, if you're on a route that uses a truck with a roll up back door. The web fabric strap that you pull the rear door down with, sometimes is extra long and it can get caught on the edge of shelf 8, or even hang up under the door when shut. If no one has already done it for you, tie a big fat knot about halfway down. Not only will it get tangled up less often, you'll get a neat hand grip that makes it easier to hang onto when pulling the door down.

hyena

Another thing you can do, if you're on a route that uses a truck with a roll up back door. The web fabric strap that you pull the rear door down with, sometimes is extra long and it can get caught on the edge of shelf 8, or even hang up under the door when shut. If no one has already done it for you, tie a big fat knot about halfway down. Not only will it get tangled up less often, you'll get a neat hand grip that makes it easier to hang onto when pulling the door down.
How much time allowance is given for this?

MC4YOU2

It's all built in, like everything else. Really takes about 30 seconds. Quicker than filling up a Mountain Dew bottle.

SmithBarney

I thought I might add this one to the bunch,
Save some $$, with a free cooler.
We all Deliver these, we even have some customers that seem
to get these on a daily basis. Omaha Steaks! Overrated but the coolers
are perfect(FREE)

I use these until they are unusable(1+ year), I have a super large one we keep in the
family car, for trips to the grocery store and mountain weekend getaways.

So next time you deliver, ask your customer(if you see them) if they would save it for you.(or keep an eye out on garbage day)
Photo%2BAug%2B22,%2B12%2B28%2B35%2BPM.jpg

Another freebie... if you have a hospital on your route, or know the hospital driver..
Free Ice Packs, usually used to keep shipped medicines cold...
Any way my hospital always has a surplus of these(or similar)
that they throw away. I just ask, and they'll hold some for me.

They once gave me a huge box of them and I put them in the freezer at work for other drivers to have.

kodiakooler-16-oz-standard-gel-ice-packs-18-per-case.jpg

SmithBarney

put beef stew or soup can on the exhaust manifold on a cold day. it will cook in a short time for a nice hot meal.
I use one of these when snowmobiling... straps right to the pipe... ask your mechanic first... Called a HotDogger. In the summer I just wrap up some precooked whatever(chicken/dogs/nuggets) in tin foil and throw it on the top shelf and by lunch time it's 110 degrees in the back...
wp-12-1846_L.jpg

OptimusPrime

Any of you bid guys buy your own wiper blades for your pc? Seems our center got quite the deal on some Korean war military surplus models. They are smearers more than wipers.

8 Hour Day

Two more hacks...
Buy a few small cold compress packs - the kind that stay soft after you freeze them. Keep a cooler with ice in your truck... stick one at a time in the top of your brim hat. Rotate them out of the ice as they get warm.

OCAs... ever forget them? When they send one to you, use a binder clip to affix an info notice to the shelf where you have stood near the OCA. So, you see the note as you enter the neighborhood.

Browntown2014

Hit the wrong button on a resi saver? When the list comes up that asks you why the saver was late take the stylus and reset the board, once it resets it will take you to the step where you can now correctly hit 1 for residence.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Don't throw away half-filled out info notices yourself; if the customer answers the door just stick it to the box and let them do it for you

Keenj

Hit the wrong button on a resi saver? When the list comes up that asks you why the saver was late take the stylus and reset the board, once it resets it will take you to the step where you can now correctly hit 1 for residence.

This little hack has saved me a few times already.