Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Packmule

So how many drivers get tire of removing a shoe to remove rocks that get dumped into via the tread on the other foot every time you walk on gravel?
Been contemplating the idea of sewing the top of a second sock to a ups sock just below the logo. Then folding te outer sock down over the top o the boot to stop this. I'd have tried it by now, but my wife's sewing machine is on the fritz.
Thoughts?

NXA

So how many drivers get tire of removing a shoe to remove rocks that get dumped into via the tread on the other foot every time you walk on gravel?
Been contemplating the idea of sewing the top of a second sock to a ups sock just below the logo. Then folding te outer sock down over the top o the boot to stop this. I'd have tried it by now, but my wife's sewing machine is on the fritz.
Thoughts?
Velcro

wayfair

swollen member
Thoughts?

I wear boots

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thoughts?
White people problems

morgahorse

Carpet the floor on the inside. Extra padding is easier on the feet, during the summer it helps block some of the heat coming up through the floor, and in the winter it insulates.

1Simplemann

Here's one for ya. just learned it today. If you ever lose your info notices or forget them, all is not lost. In my case today, I had them on the dash one minute, next minute they're gone. normally they're in my pocket. I had a NI1. Wasn't sure what to do, so I called another driver. He gave me an info notice #. I typed it in and it worked. I left them a hand written note on an Access Point notice. He threw it out of course.

NXA

Here's one for ya. just learned it today. If you ever lose your info notices or forget them, all is not lost. In my case today, I had them on the dash one minute, next minute they're gone. normally they're in my pocket. I had a NI1. Wasn't sure what to do, so I called another driver. He gave me an info notice #. I typed it in and it worked. I left them a hand written note on an Access Point notice. He threw it out of course.
Dude on the team that designed our DIAD told me it takes a photo of the barcode. So it can read a photo of a barcode, like maybe your friend txted you a pic of the notice and you scanned your the pic on your phone. I tried it, ir works.

1Simplemann

Dude on the team that designed our DIAD told me it takes a photo of the barcode. So it can read a photo of a barcode, like maybe your friend txted you a pic of the notice and you scanned your the pic on your phone. I tried it, ir works.
That's exactly what I asked him to do. Text me a pic of a notice. He's in the dark ages and doesn't have a camera phone. So he just read a notice # off to me and that worked. But get this. I got the idea from another driver who has an AE Pickup. He picks up when he delivers, take a pic of the end of day but doesn't scan it. He sets an alarm on his phone and when it goes off during the 15 min window, he scans his phone and stop completes it. He does all that just to keep his pick up compliance high! I told him just stop complete the dang thing and just go about your day. He said "but that would lower my numbers and I don't have time to go back!" anyway I figured if he can scan an end of day then a pic of a info notice should work in a pinch. I've had a pack of info notices get wet before and the ink ran. The top 6 or 8 notices wouldn't scan. they got thrown in the trash till I found one that would scan. I guess now instead of wasting them I could punch in the # and save a little less trash in the world.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

That's exactly what I asked him to do. Text me a pic of a notice. He's in the dark ages and doesn't have a camera phone. So he just read a notice # off to me and that worked. But get this. I got the idea from another driver who has an AE Pickup. He picks up when he delivers, take a pic of the end of day but doesn't scan it. He sets an alarm on his phone and when it goes off during the 15 min window, he scans his phone and stop completes it. He does all that just to keep his pick up compliance high! I told him just stop complete the dang thing and just go about your day. He said "but that would lower my numbers and I don't have time to go back!" anyway I figured if he can scan an end of day then a pic of a info notice should work in a pinch. I've had a pack of info notices get wet before and the ink ran. The top 6 or 8 notices wouldn't scan. they got thrown in the trash till I found one that would scan. I guess now instead of wasting them I could punch in the # and save a little less trash in the world.
FYI...pick up compliance is old news ....once we got Orion they don't care about it anymore

Flathead Feeder

One more for the snow country drivers. I am a feeder that has to chain often. I carry a box of surgical gloves that i wear beneath my winter gloves. Keeps your hands dry, and allows you to do fine work with your fingers if needed. Chuck em when your done.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
FYI...pick up compliance is old news ....once we got Orion they don't care about it anymore
Maybe they dont care about it, but I still do.

Our customers deserve a reasonably consistent pickup time.

Pickup compliance is one of the major reasons why I ignore ORION. It has me doing pickups 2, 3 or even 4 hours early.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Maybe they dont care about it, but I still do.

Our customers deserve a reasonably consistent pickup time.

Pickup compliance is one of the major reasons why I ignore ORION. It has me doing pickups 2, 3 or even 4 hours early.

That's because if you get close to that stop, Orion wants you to make the PU. Got to save those miles.

What makes me mad is Orion postponing delivery to 3 of my PU accounts so they can dovetail the delivery with the PU. One of these places does production work and needs their stuff asap. The thought process must be: "Let's penalize our very best customers with a late delivery."

Last edited: