Simple Questions?

danlin

ms.swing said:
Yeah, that's what happened here...again. On Monday the driver came to pick up at 3...when our pick up is scheduled for 5:30. I kindly told him that we still had packages going out and our regular scheduled pickup time is 5:30. I also gave him the office number and said if he was done earlier and wanted to call I could let him know if we were done earlier. I didn't hear from him and he then came the next day at 3:30!! I again reminded him that we still have packages going out, blah blah blah. Well....this happened all week, same driver, I gave him the same story. One of our packages didn't get picked up because he never came back one day so the person shipping it called and the story we got was "well he is a cover driver." I understand that, but how many times do you have to tell the guy that its 5:30?? AND...the person that was talked to at UPS pulled a report off his board and said that the board said the pickup time is 5:30. So...whats the deal? This "cover driver" needs to be trained again I think.
Have a cover driver in our center that could give a crap about customers and there pickup times. All he cares about is himself and how soon he can get off of work. Comes in early goes throughout the car,skips lunch, makes the regular driver look bad; has even had a girl at the local mall crying for not being ready for him to pickup. Management loves him because of all the time he gives to UPS. So of course any complaints he receives will be answered with "sorry he is not your regular driver."

"No more than 100lbs from 1 shipper to 1 consignee in one day interstate:

xracer

Ms. Swing one problem I see that you are doing wrong is that it appears that you are calling your local center when you have a problem with your cover driver, the center will not act on things if this person is getting the numbers for them. What you need to do is call the national 800 number and make a complaint and it will be more likely to be acted on as these are documented and most likely the ones where you call the local center do not go beyond that phone call.

true_1_ace

I remember getting the first diad because my sheet writing was so poor,I also remember those stupid clip board holders we had in the trucks that would make you clipboard fly across the road when you turned the corner to! ahhhh the good old days:thumbup1:

ikoi62

"Challenges of the 80's" "Delivering our future" "Reassesment" Eisenhauer Jackets, P500s , P800s, NO Shorts,
still have my jacket..god remember when we couldnt wear shorts? and the only coat you got was a rain coat with a liner..still have it.