Since when did auditors make the rules?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This evening as I was doing my dvir, I overheard the Ketter safety auditor tell a fresh off qualification driver, not to punch out because she needed to quiz him. They both went to the breakroom to go over all the DOK stuff.

About ten minutes go by and I overhear him telling the auditor that he didn't remember alot of the DOK stuff. The auditor then tells him he better learn it and know it because it's a requirement of keeping the job.

Since when did the auditors start threatening and giving orders. Do they do that at other centers because this is a first I've seen it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This evening as I was doing my dvir, I overheard the Ketter safety auditor tell a fresh off qualification driver, not to punch out because she needed to quiz him. They both went to the breakroom to go over all the DOK stuff.

About ten minutes go by and I overhear him telling the auditor that he didn't remember alot of the DOK stuff. The auditor then tells him he better learn it and know it because it's a requirement of keeping the job.

Since when did the auditors start threatening and giving orders. Do they do that at other centers because this is a first I've seen it.
Could you please hold that thought real quick first sir, while I call my lawyer, would be my :censored2: response lol.

scooby0048

I'd be curious since the auditors told him to not punch out, if he had refused would that have been not working as directed?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
you said in your post he was a newly minted driver and they knew he didn't know any better. the auditors have the most BORING useless job in the company and they had a chance to have fun and break their monotony

I LOVE answering the DOK, i can make it last 20-30 minutes EASY

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
you said in your post he was a newly minted driver and they knew he didn't know any better. the auditors have the most BORING useless job in the company and they had a chance to have fun and break their monotony

Umm, ahh, I know this one. Just give me a minute, it'll come to me.:)

jaker

trolling
I get rushed out the door when they come to my hub , the sad part is I know the DOK but they know I will messed them up on purpose

scooby0048

Good question. Although paid indirectly by UPS, they aren't management. Might be fun to try.

Maybe for another driver, but this guy is literally only week off his qual. Might not have gone over too well. I want to talk to him tomorrow about it though see what else happened in there.

scooby0048

That's what got me pissed, the driver being so new and them threatening him like that. I really wanted to go in there and say something but I bit my tongue. He's going to be a good driver, really nice guy and just emanates potential I hate to see someone like that getting threatened so soon into this job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That's what got me pissed, the driver being so new and them threatening him like that. I really wanted to go in there and say something but I bit my tongue. He's going to be a good driver, really nice guy and just emanates potential I hate to see someone like that getting threatened so soon into this job.
I grab all of the new guys when i see them getting pushed around and advise them of how to handle the situation the next time. Management HATES me taking them under my wing

The newb should be coached to reply to a threat like that from the Keter by asking immediately for the union steward and then clam up.

CHALLY9TX

The stupid thing about the DOK is that they want you to know it word for word. They've changed the wording on a couple of things and they don't tell you but expect you to know the changes.

Sent using BrownCafe App