Single Day Vacation Denied

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
As a senior driver, not only do I get seven weeks vacation, but I have to start picking them in October the previous year. Unsurprisingly, I found myself spending most of the year wishing I picked something different because unforeseen events came up. Or I just really could use a few more three day weekends. Doctors and dentists. And my personal favorite; it's supposed to snow.
I still have 5 scheduled weeks off which is more than most people dare dream of. The rest I like to have the flexibility.
Not a chance I'm using a vacation or option day for a doctors or dentist appointment.

Luke Thighrocker

This thread seems like a good place to ask a question.

I requested a personal for next Friday. Request was disapproved: bumped by senior employee.

Senior employee requested "Schedule off". In other words, pay code 26, dead day.

Can a senior employee bump a junior with such a request?

Brownslave688

This thread seems like a good place to ask a question.

I requested a personal for next Friday. Request was disapproved: bumped by senior employee.

Senior employee requested "Schedule off". In other words, pay code 26, dead day.

Can a senior employee bump a junior with such a request?
No

Packmule

If you're 8 or more days prior to requested day, yes. Unless a pay code 26 is something I've never heard about before.

JL 0513

Not a chance I'm using a vacation or option day for a doctors or dentist appointment.

I requested a day off for a dentist appointment a couple of months ago and it was denied. Appointments takes about 3 months to get at this office.

Guess what, won't be requesting nicely anymore.

By The Book

That's what I thought and what I argued.

On car responded, "we'll make him burn a day".

That's not the request senior employee submitted. And contractually, it shouldn't bump mine.

My attendance is in order. I will be banging in. I'm wondering if my situation is grievable.
To put a stop to them not doing it by the book I would say yes it's grievable.

By The Book

I requested a day off for a dentist appointment a couple of months ago and it was denied. Appointments takes about 3 months to get at this office.

In your contract isn't there language about doctors appointments? Something like how much notice and if they can't accommodate the time of the appointment they may schedule you off?

Brownslave688

That's what I thought and what I argued.

On car responded, "we'll make him burn a day".

That's not the request senior employee submitted. And contractually, it shouldn't bump mine.

My attendance is in order. I will be banging in. I'm wondering if my situation is grievable.
If he didn't put it in writing that he wanted a paid day you have your day.

I'd just tell them I won't be there. If you're denying me consider this my 1+ hour notice.

Brownslave688

I don't "request"

I write in the book. Won't be here doctors appointment.

Packmule

Then you are right according to the way things are here. Seniority only counts if you are applying for a personal or an SDV. You must use these days to be entered in the drawing. Grieve it.