"Sir, yes sir !" What I did in basic training......

texan

A nice way to kick us off the Religion of Peace thread when we got off subject. :salute:

Just kidding... Great IDEA Moreluck.

texan

OK Fort Knox Kentucky 1974. All my Drill Sergeants were Vietnam Veterans who were as mean as could be.

As a matter of fact it was rumored that our Senior Drill Sergeant skipped 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade.
That was because the had recess and he did not play.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ft. Campbell, Ky. 1968. I made the mistake of borrowing a friends helmet when I went to turn in my rifle for the day. Drill Sgt. caught me. I had to do pushups til I almost puked and my poor friend had to bounce up and down with his steel pot (no liner) on his head til he was about knocked unconcious for giving up his helmet.

texan

Ft. Campbell, Ky. 1968. I made the mistake of borrowing a friends helmet when I went to turn in my rifle for the day. Drill Sgt. caught me. I had to do pushups til I almost puked and my poor friend had to bounce up and down with his steel pot (no liner) on his head til he was about knocked unconcious for giving up his helmet.

Bet you never did that again (borrow a steel pot) in basic or AIT. Ah steel pots. Bathed, and shaved out of them. Only a soldier would understand that statement.
Fort Campbell the base of the great 101st Airborne and now Air Assualt school.

rod

Retired 22 years
Bet you never did that again (borrow a steel pot) in basic or AIT. Ah steel pots. Bathed, and shaved out of them. Only a soldier would understand that statement.
Fort Campbell the base of the great 101st Airborne and now Air Assualt school.

Not only that but my "friend" didn't want to be friends anymore:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I could also tell about being put into the dying-cockroach and the green chair positions but then I would come off as being a goof-off :happy2:

tourists24

Did my basic training at Ft Benning for the 10th Mtn Division. Have all kinds of "big fish" stories but I think the memories that stick the most are the personalities of my drill sargeants. I even remeber some of their sayings;;; when someone asked a stupid question, SSG Cyrus with a large.... """NNOOOOOOOOO SONNNNNNNN". Drill Sargeant Rembert would turn red and say "This aint Burger King son, you cant have it your way"..... lol

texan

Did my basic training at Ft Benning for the 10th Mtn Division. Have all kinds of "big fish" stories but I think the memories that stick the most are the personalities of my drill sargeants. I even remeber some of their sayings;;; when someone asked a stupid question, SSG Cyrus with a large.... """NNOOOOOOOOO SONNNNNNNN". Drill Sargeant Rembert would turn red and say "This aint Burger King son, you cant have it your way"..... lol
Amazing fact.... NO one forgets HIS Drill Sergeants name. Mine was Drill Sergeant Higginbothom. Spelling might be wrong, but that individual and his demeanor is burnt in my soul.

texan

I supported the 10th in Haiti during Operation Uphold Democracy. Outstanding unit.

rod

Retired 22 years
Mine was Sgt. Alvarez. My hell assignments: Ft. Campbell,Ky- Ft Polk,La. (June & July)-Ft. Benning, Ga. (Aug & Sept)-Ft. Carson, Co-Vietnam (Mar.69 to Feb 70).-UPS 1971 to 2001

texan

Mine was Sgt. Alvarez. My hell assignments: Ft. Campbell,Ky- Ft Polk,La. (June & July)-Ft. Benning, Ga. (Aug & Sept)-Ft. Carson, Co-Vietnam (Mar.69 to Feb 70).-UPS 1971 to 2001

Bless you for you service sir. I was too young for Nam. They classify me as Nam era vet ( came in Nov 74), but I never mention it as I was never in country and it would be a discredit for those who served there.