Sirius

Cementups

Box Monkey
I 've had Sirius for about 4 years now. I have, it in my car and my wife's car and then I also have a portable unit that mostly resides in my package car. Much better station choice than terrestrial radion. I usually listen to NASCAR radio from 7-11am, HITS 1 from 11-12, MAXIM radio (128) from 12-3pm and back to NASCAR from 3-7pm. On the way home then I will usually listen to RAW Dog comedy. I get full use of Sirius as does my wife. She gets to listen to her 80's rock and jam out to Def Leppard.

And if you have an open mind, check out MAXIM radio from 12-3. funny sstuff, especially if you don't get offened easily.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please continue your Sirius subscriptions and tell all your friends to join. (I have 5000 shares of SIRI and it is starting to bounce back, up to $.50 from a low of $.10 last year)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just received my Sirius bill. They want $101.18 for 6 months. That's outrageous. I just called and with little hesitation they extended it to 12 months at the same price. I can live with that.

Resident know-it-all.

oldngray

nowhere special
What does Sirius have that's worth paying that kind of money to listen to? FM radio is free and if you don't like that then record a bunch of mp3's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are quite a few dead zones between here and Albany where FM reception is poor to non-existent.

I am cheap and never thought I would pay to listen to the radio but I love my Sirius XM.

Resident know-it-all.

upschuck

I just received my Sirius bill. They want $101.18 for 6 months. That's outrageous. I just called and with little hesitation they extended it to 12 months at the same price. I can live with that.
Not bad, got a lifetime subscription for the car(XM), and I think I am ahead of the game now. :biggrin: Like to listen to my previous hometown pro sports teams. Go Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons, and Wolverines(I know)

oldngray

nowhere special
Not bad, got a lifetime subscription for the car(XM), and I think I am ahead of the game now. :biggrin: Like to listen to my previous hometown pro sports teams. Go Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons, and Wolverines(I know)

It would probably be cheaper to just move to Detroit. I think they are giving away free houses there.

:cool-very:

If you are going to keep it long term, only makes sense to buy. I wonder if I could have gotten 1/2 price for the lifetime subscription price. I calculated it out and was like 3 years of payments, and have had it for 4 years now, so it is all bonus now.
We had It in my wifes car.
They got rid of the cosmo station,my wife no longer wanted it.
They call us atleast once a month,for a deal of the century!...lol

I tell them no,her car is only 14 months old and only has 2200 miles on it.

She isn't in it ,long enough,to listen to the radio!

They do not have a reply for that!...lmao

I gave up on Sirius when my last receiver died out. They expect you to pay for equipment and a monthly subscription? I've since switched to podcasts and have more than I can listen to in any workweek.

upschuck

I gave up on Sirius when my last receiver died out. They expect you to pay for equipment and a monthly subscription? I've since switched to podcasts and have more than I can listen to in any workweek.
Hey Dave, Did you travel to the South Pole? :biggrin:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Minutes I listen to any radio...... = 0 !!

I don't get the concept of paying for radio .

CD's come in every kind of music and comedy cd's too.

The deadest place for us is the desert (I-15) between Barstow and Jean NV.......... Just pop in Adele or some disco or Culture Club or The Beatles and we don't have to listen about used cars in Vegas.