Situation about misloads.

CAFAL

You're disgusting.......need someone else to pick on? How is your post even related to a
UPS discussion about misloads???? Practice what you preach.

Wasn't he responding to another off topic response? You shouldn't bash others when you are no better. Just sayin

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wasn't he responding to another off topic response? You shouldn't bash others when you are no better. Just sayin

The constant being picked on is getting old. He initiates the bashing and I just refuse to take his :censored2:!!
You haven't been here long enough to comment on it. Where were you when he started bashing me and I didn't even have my computer on every single weekend because he gets bored and thinks he's playing??

Where were you when he picked on 'menotyou' and she left for 4 months just to ditch him? Both of us are women. He won't go after a real man because they would pound him down. He had me on ignore and it was finally peaceful around here, the he started being a wise-ass again.

laffter

Why can't you be written up for misloads? Your job is to get the right packages on the right truck. That's all you have to do. Period. If you don't then the company has to pay its drivers $48/hour to deliver a package with a revenue gain of about 5 cents. If it was your money you'd fire yourself after the first one.

But people make mistakes, its human nature. But 2-3 mistakes per day is unacceptable. On top of UPS hating you because you cost them $$, I hate you because it takes me 30 minutes to run off your misloads at the end of the night which means the difference of me seeing my toddler for 30 minutes before he goes to bed or not seeing him for the entire day.

And yes its 100% your fault. I get written up for more than 3 misdeliveries in 1 year, so you should get written up for your 6 misloads/week (its what I get on average) Can't you just get them on the correct truck? Its really not that difficult. You would hate me too if it was you who were getting screwed.

I do my best to focus on my work. Today, I loaded a package PAL'd to 7720 on truck A. I thought to myself, this looks very familiar, I had loaded a package just like it on Truck B. I went to Truck B and found it. Why the hell did I put it on that truck? I have no bloody idea. Today in particular I was trying extra hard to focus. Is it my fault? Of course. How do I correct it? I don't know.

I don't get 2-3 misloads a day. I also don't average 6 a week. Have I gotten 6 in one week before? Sure. It's not typical, though.

This full time sup was threatening to write people up for any misloads. Even one.

If they wanted fewer or zero misloads, they would have to greatly lessen the workload per loader. This is not going to happen.

Misloads will continue to occur, as they have always occurred, and you will continue to bitch.

I bet you don't want to stay 5 minutes longer than your 4 hour shift demands. I'm sure you are itching to get out the door every morning at 845. Just imagine that feeling after a 10 hour shift and now you can't leave for another 30 minutes because some dope can't figure which truck he is in.

After I finish my area I frequently ask a sup if any other belts need help. I commonly stay until 9+ as needed, at the expense of my "production". This week I have also been working twilight. I LOVE UPS. (joke)

Keep up the good work.

Thank you. :happy-very:

You too!

L

Loufan

In my building missorts are like call ins, you get 5 and then your 6th is a warning and then written etc... Where i'm at you would probably have to misload multiple bags to get fired.

ymelord

Funny how easy preloading is after you become a driver. I never say a word about my preloader, it's not my place. Misloads not my problem, call them in, do what they say. Just don't care!

Norma

I do my best to focus on my work. Today, I loaded a package PAL'd to 7720 on truck A. I thought to myself, this looks very familiar, I had loaded a package just like it on Truck B. I went to Truck B and found it. Why the hell did I put it on that truck? I have no bloody idea. Today in particular I was trying extra hard to focus. Is it my fault? Of course. How do I correct it? I don't know.

Thank you. :happy-very:

You too!

The one thing I noticed with the PAL system is that 2 seconds after I walk out of a truck, I could not tell you what I just loaded. Under the old system, you had to read the address and write a sequence number on the package.
I think with the recent production push they are seeing more missorts than under the old system 10 years ago.

Sorry Upstate at least one of my drivers went out late today because dispatch sent an extra 100 stops to my trucks. These clowns also thought simultaneously loading 4 trucks and unloading 3 trucks "would help me out."

menotyou

bella amicizia
The one thing I noticed with the PAL system is that 2 seconds after I walk out of a truck, I could not tell you what I just loaded. Under the old system, you had to read the address and write a sequence number on the package.
I think with the recent production push they are seeing more missorts than under the old system 10 years ago.

Sorry Upstate at least one of my drivers went out late today because dispatch sent an extra 100 stops to my trucks. These clowns also thought simultaneously loading 4 trucks and unloading 3 trucks "would help me out."
Please don't feed the ego.

(j/k Norma)

CAFAL

As a driver we are held accountable for everything. Air commits,safety,service,methods ,delivery and pickup times,pulling our air, stretching, hydrating,shaving,polishing our shoes,production,pre and post tripping. All this nomatter how much bulk,dispatch, spc or quality of the load. You are accountable for keeping up and misloads. Man up and shut up. Do your job and stop complaing. No sympathy here. I had to run off 5 misloads today

ymelord

As a driver we are held accountable for everything. Air commits,safety,service,methods ,delivery and pickup times,pulling our air, stretching, hydrating,shaving,polishing our shoes,production,pre and post tripping. All this nomatter how much bulk,dispatch, spc or quality of the load. You are accountable for keeping up and misloads. Man up and shut up. Do your job and stop complaing. No sympathy here. I had to run off 5 misloads today
UPS has you believing your accountable for a lot more than you are. Air commits tell your sup if you have problems with air. Del and pu times, your only accountable for starting them on time, you can't controll what happens after. Your not accountable for production, just methods. Being accountable for safety, service, and methods can usally be done by slowing down, and thinking ahead. It's your sups problem to take care of misloads, They have to notice extra miles and hours.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We had a sup like her not long ago. He told me he was going straight to the top at UPS and would take out everyone in his way on the way up. Gee we sure miss old whats his name. Seen others like him come and go over the years. Do your job to the best of your ability and you will still be here long after the people with Little Big Man Syndrome fall through the cracks.

Justaname

My old center manager pulled all 4 guys that load trucks into the office and gave us warning letters for misloads. Document every time a package is put on one of your cars by anybody that isn't you. Always file a grievance if a warning letter should come. Also I did what you said and triple checked my cars everyday. I didn't get wrapped as fast, but i had no misloads. If your drivers aren't jerks they will know its not your fault that the cars not wrapped on time, because management left you no choice. I hate it how management tries to get drivers upset at the preloaders when it's obviously there fault they didn't push back our start time for changing conditions. I doubt you'll get fired unless its a constant occurrence.

Justaname

Why can't you be written up for misloads? Your job is to get the right packages on the right truck. That's all you have to do. Period. If you don't then the company has to pay its drivers $48/hour to deliver a package with a revenue gain of about 5 cents. If it was your money you'd fire yourself after the first one.

But people make mistakes, its human nature. But 2-3 mistakes per day is unacceptable. On top of UPS hating you because you cost them $$, I hate you because it takes me 30 minutes to run off your misloads at the end of the night which means the difference of me seeing my toddler for 30 minutes before he goes to bed or not seeing him for the entire day.

And yes its 100% your fault. I get written up for more than 3 misdeliveries in 1 year, so you should get written up for your 6 misloads/week (its what I get on average) Can't you just get them on the correct truck? Its really not that difficult. You would hate me too if it was you who were getting screwed.

I bet you don't want to stay 5 minutes longer than your 4 hour shift demands. I'm sure you are itching to get out the door every morning at 845. Just imagine that feeling after a 10 hour shift and now you can't leave for another 30 minutes because some dope can't figure which truck he is in.

Keep up the good work.
Can somebody say street hire????? What a turd. 6 misloads is a lot I'll give you that. I only average maybe 1 or 2 a month. You sound like youre more fit for management throwing your fellow teamster under the bus. If I loaded your truck youd be screwed. No misloads, just wrong sections, over 70's against the door, and youd be wrapping your own packages up while the drivers to the right and left of you leave with a fantastic load! I do all i can to get at least 4 hours a day so my paycheck can hit 250 (what you probably make a day, if not more). You wanna switch jobs if it's so "easy" ill take your salary any day over mine! Prick

CAFAL

How hard is it to check the pal label to the address label? Then verify which truck to put it on? I get that the loaders job can be hectic. You loaders need to get that it's much easier now than 10 years ago when you had to memorize charts and keep a stop count. This sense of entitlement is a joke. Eat your wheaties,take a vitamin and get it done

menotyou

bella amicizia
How hard is it to check the pal label to the address label? Then verify which truck to put it on? I get that the loaders job can be hectic. You loaders need to get that it's much easier now than 10 years ago when you had to memorize charts and keep a stop count. This sense of entitlement is a joke. Eat your wheaties,take a vitamin and get it done
I loaded with charts and with PAL's. When you loaded with charts, the flow was half what it is now. You are welcome to come to Black River any day and, BTW, make sure you eat your wheaties. Don't shut the belt off, either. Warning letter for that. Oh, and the new hires are at the head of the belt. Sups are loading so no training is happening. Have fun loading 6 cars, plus pulling for the newbie ahead of you.