Six Locals Left Fighting It Out

So the supplement for 177 looks good?....How was the mood there? Any new details you like to share?
They raised the pension to $4102 a month. We have to contribute 30 cents a year out of are raises but to me that's worth it. It would be nicer to have more then $3.90 on The master so I'm voting no on the master. Local looks good to me. It's still a TA.

opie

They raised the pension to $4102 a month. We have to contribute 30 cents a year out of are raises but to me that's worth it. It would be nicer to have more then $3.90 on The master so I'm voting no on the master. Local looks good to me. It's still a TA.
I assume this wouldn't apply to part timers? Last week a few FTers complained they were only going to get 40 cents raise this year, I was wondering how could that be, but now I know. Everyone that I've talked to so far is voting no as far I know. We'll know more tomorrow.

The Milkman

You did not mention healthcare. How do you feel getting the pension to rise only to have it go directly towards paying your healthcare?? It is only the beginning to start. Next contract it will be $400 then $600 a month..Someday you may be a retiree that is affected by the workers today that don't see the BIG picture of what UPS is doing little by little....friend/T Jobs red circled, Customer counters dwindling down forcing people to the UPS Store ( another one of their plans) Time bonus being trimmed down..What's next?? For All of Us?:nono2:

Stratocaster

Today, most locals are in D.C. learning the details on the National Tentative Agreement. We will learn the Hoffa and Hall sold us out just like they did in 2007. By the way, I'm still waiting to see the 20,000 22.3 jobs that were promised in the last contract, to be fulfilled. These guys should be ashamed of themselves. They did UPS a big favor by reaching an agreement days before Amazon was suppose to bail. Its seem to me that Hoffa and Hall love doing UPS favors. I will be at my union general membership meeting next Sunday to here "treasonous" proposal.

The Milkman

Today, most locals are in D.C. learning the details on the National Tentative Agreement. We will learn the Hoffa and Hall sold us out just like they did in 2007. By the way, I'm still waiting to see the 20,000 22.3 jobs that were promised in the last contract, to be fulfilled. These guys should be ashamed of themselves. They did UPS a big favor by reaching an agreement days before Amazon was suppose to bail. Its seem to me that Hoffa and Hall love doing UPS favors. I will be at my union general membership meeting next Sunday to here "treasonous" proposal.

:youreright::strikesmileys::asskissf:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I heard the pension is going up $400 per month? How can that happen when the plan is in critical stage? Also if this passes...Any pension increase will be wiped out in the future if you have to pay for your healthcare..Just think about this, next contract now that UPS has their foot opening the door for future healthcare increases all who vote to accept paying more will someday be if you make it this far to retire like me will be thinking back wondering if agreeing to paying more was worth it..During my career I would of been happy with a quarter raise but plow other monies into beneits so that down the road healthcare issues would not be a problem like they are today..Everyone wants $$$ in their paycheck. But before you know it you will someday be facing issues like me and all other retirees counting on current Union Brothers and Sisters to do the RIGHT THING for the Future:surprised:

After the meeting I attended a few weeks back, it flies in the face of common sense that our pension will go up, when reps from Central States told us to our face that it pays out two pensions for every one being paid in. Bottom line, the math doesn't add up. I could be wrong, but I smell a rat. The CS reps told us there was NO WAY that the pension fund could earn its way out of the whole it is in. They told us that only Congressional assistance could help the CS pension fund. With a Republican House, uh, that will NEVER happen.

It's looking like the only good pension is the self-pension.

Inthegame

When the details are fully and carefully explained (so some comprehension takes place), you'll be laughed at. Treasonous???

I assume this wouldn't apply to part timers? Last week a few FTers complained they were only going to get 40 cents raise this year, I was wondering how could that be, but now I know. Everyone that I've talked to so far is voting no as far I know. We'll know more tomorrow.
The company is also putting in $1.20 in per hour each year. If we don't vote yes they will take that off the table.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
You did not mention healthcare. How do you feel getting the pension to rise only to have it go directly towards paying your healthcare?? It is only the beginning to start. Next contract it will be $400 then $600 a month..Someday you may be a retiree that is affected by the workers today that don't see the BIG picture of what UPS is doing little by little....friend/T Jobs red circled, Customer counters dwindling down forcing people to the UPS Store ( another one of their plans) Time bonus being trimmed down..What's next?? For All of Us?:nono2:
Yo Milkman, what's up brother! Another thing is when I moved out here from NJ I found out that the workers at the customer counter here weren't even union members! Driving across the country I saw other truckers hauling UPS freight in Oklahoma! What the heck have some of the locals been doing anyway? Giving away Union Jobs is what I say! Damn proud of my local 177 that I was a member of for 30+ years for sticking up for the Union member.