Size of retro check

upschuck

Thanks for the reference.
If my personal spreadsheet (that I use to track my own hours) is correct, I'll be looking at a bonus check of ~$273.65 - before taxes - which means I may be able to afford a decent dinner out with the spouse after Uncle Sam takes his cut :(
Seems a little low. Assuming you have worked here since aug 1, that would only mean 2 hours average a day.

HBGPreloader

Seems a little low. Assuming you have worked here since aug 1, that would only mean 2 hours average a day.
Good catch. Since the TDU spreadsheet I was working from only went up to December, I added this year. But, I forgot to adjust the total column to include all those earnings.
The revised total is exactly $638.

Pickles

Good catch. Since the TDU spreadsheet I was working from only went up to December, I added this year. But, I forgot to adjust the total column to include all those earnings.
The revised total is exactly $638.

Yeah, I had to dick around with the formulas in the TDU spreadsheet to go for more weeks.

BrownBrokeDown

assuming he is a driver currently in progression he must believe he will get the rate increases of the new contract. if anyone in progression would like to share how they made that happen I'd sure like to know.
Employees in progression but having attained seniority will work as follows per the new contract: You would have got the 0.70 Aug 1st, then on your anniversary date, they were to check your current pay vs. where you should be on the new scale and if you are below, they bump you to the new scales pay.

So in my case, they owe me 0.70 from Aug 1st to Aug 22rd, then $1.00 from Aug 23rd to today. Except for the 2 months where i was on disability. BITE MY :censored2:, I SHOULD GET IT FOR MY DISABILTY PAY TOO.

I feel better now.

BrownBrokeDown

Employees in progression but having attained seniority will work as follows per the new contract: You would have got the 0.70 Aug 1st, then on your anniversary date, they were to check your current pay vs. where you should be on the new scale and if you are below, they bump you to the new scales pay.

So in my case, they owe me 0.70 from Aug 1st to Aug 22rd, then $1.00 from Aug 23rd to today. Except for the 2 months where i was on disability. BITE MY :censored2:, I SHOULD GET IT FOR MY DISABILTY PAY TOO.

I feel better now.
My personal numbers are based off the part time progression, but the principle applies to both pt and ft in progression You would just need to check the new payscale for your respective job to see if an you would get an anniversary bump and if so how much during the time that is being figured for the retro check. i haven't looked at everything, but it might be possible that 0.70 would carry you over the new payscale so you wouldnt be owed the anniversary bump.

truckster

When I first looked at your equation I did not believe it was correct. After plugging in a few numbers it is indeed correct. It makes the work of figuring the regular hours and overtime hours trivial. The proportion: (Current rate divided by Total Pay) equals (Retro raise divided by Retro amount) is not intuitive to me, but it works. Euler would be proud!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Don't forget that .70 raise was split. .35 August 1 and .35 Feb 1

30yearstolife

The first $.70 raise is not split. I believe the first split raise is 2016...

Section 1. Full-time Wage Increases
All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2013 will receive the following
general wage increases for each contract year. In the first three years of the contract, the increase will be
effective on August 1. In 2016 and 2017 each of the years, the increase shall be paid in two (2) equal
installments. The first half of the increase shall become effective on August 1 of the specified year. The
second half of the increase shall become effective on February 1 of the following calendar year. The total
wage increase for the year will be as follows:

2013 seventy cents ($0.70)
2014 seventy cents ($0.70)
2015 seventy cents ($0.70)
2016 eighty cents ($0.80)
2017 one dollar ($1.00)

Last edited by a moderator:

DMoore65

My hire date was August 7th 2012, as of Aug 1st my pay was 9.50, then after Aug 7th it went to $10 since the contract hadn't been passed. So what would my hourly wage be now since the contract has passed?

BrownBrokeDown

My hire date was August 7th 2012, as of Aug 1st my pay was 9.50, then after Aug 7th it went to $10 since the contract hadn't been passed. So what would my hourly wage be now since the contract has passed?
the contract is posted on the teamsters website, just go to the pt wage progression in it. Use what i said in #84 on this page to figure out where exactly you should be starting monday.

BrownBrokeDown

Aug 1st you should have got the 0.70, so they owe 0.70 for Aug 1st through Aug 6th. Aug 7th your 10.20 rate (after the 0.70) would have been compared to the new payscale and if you were making less than the new payscale you would have been bumped up to the rate on it.

Edit:I shouldn't type before 1st cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

I'm whining because union dues were used to help reelect someone who created a law that directly led to the transition from a healthcare plan where I have no deductible to one where I will be paying hundreds of dollars a month by the time the next contract comes along.
The TeamCare deductible is only a hundred bucks, practically nothing my friend.

Sent using BrownCafe App

my figures are the same I figured it to be about the same as a regular paycheck... at this point was actually hoping it went into are next raise in aug,but the powers to be shot that down with there bonehead decision to ratify