Skilled job.

Julio

ive been here for almost 5 weeks and i alredy hit my pph of a 300 i believe i work harder so i will get a skilled positions before everne else. I dont worry bout senoritiy because they all lazy and i try so management will like me more then lazy people. what do u all think?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ive been here for almost 5 weeks and i alredy hit my pph of a 300 i believe i work harder so i will get a skilled positions before everne else. I dont worry bout senoritiy because they all lazy and i try so management will like me more then lazy people. what do u all think?

I think you sound like a team player who works well with others.

Welcome to Brown Cafe Julio and as far as I think you should concentrate on learning the methods and being safe. If you hurt yourself doing this job you will find out real quick about how management feels about you.

UPSaxel

Becoming a sorter isn't all that grand. Starting off as an unloader a year ago during peak season, I was happy for 4-5 months, then it became mind-numbingly boring. Also I kept getting the worst trucks to unload and was a little sour I must admit. So I took the sort test, got on the sort isle and it was great. I of course was stuck in the middle of the line up since I was the new guy, but I was working hard so that I could move down towards one of the ends where the load is a bit lighter. Lo and behold we get a few new hires on the sort isle, straight to the sort aisle with their extra dollar. After 3 nights they pass me on their way to the ends of the line while I am stuck in the middle. 5-6 new hires have come and moved down the line while I sit peachy in the middle. Now I will do anything that involves not being on the sort aisle, unload, hardware, I'm not picky. While the extra dollar sorting is nice, I personally don't think it is worth it, stay as a loader. You can go get a sip of water any time you want, you can move your legs and walk around for a minute when you need, all of these things are nigh impossible to come by on the sort aisle. Also being a hard worker, I fit in a bit more with the unloaders who work fast to go home, vs. most of the sorters who work slow to get paid.

L

Loufan

My training told his manager that I was a very good worker like if I have been there for 10 years.
Believe it or not the majority of people i've seen loading for 10 are pretty terrible. They've been doing it so long they just don't give a crap anymore. Keep up the good work, you might not get a sort job right away but usually after about 2 years you move up in seniority (or at least i did) then you should be able to get a sort job or some sort of skilled job. Good luck.