Skip Level Meetings with MT3

W700

Is this happening anywhere? I thought I heard someone that is in the know mention something along these lines to be happening a few weeks back.

MAKAVELI

Is this happening anywhere? I thought I heard someone that is in the know mention something along these lines to be happening a few weeks back.
Who the hell would want to be in that dog and pony show? There better be some barf bags.

W700

I would imagine just like any other skip level some poor soul gets recruited to go at the end of day before he has to attend the following day so as to keep them unprepared with a list of issues to discuss.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I would imagine just like any other skip level some poor soul gets recruited to go at the end of day before he has to attend the following day so as to keep them unprepared with a list of issues to discuss.

Who needs preparation? I have a laundry list of things I'd like to discuss with him. I hope they choose me!

whenIgetthere

Our station sent some people to Memphis for one of these last year. They picked the three biggest Kool-Aid gulpers who got paid from the time they left their homes till they got home. The ones they picked are the same ones who will make you barf during the SFA meetings, no hardball questions from them, I'm sure!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
ya have to sign an agreement before you go in that you'll only say positive things about the company and you're not allowed to ask anything - of anybody - at anytime. And they send you out with a free coozie from the company store.

hypo hanna

Our station sent some people to Memphis for one of these last year. They picked the three biggest Kool-Aid gulpers who got paid from the time they left their homes till they got home. The ones they picked are the same ones who will make you barf during the SFA meetings, no hardball questions from them, I'm sure!

smoke and mirrors to be filmed and playedback for the troops showing how much mgmt is concerned with your views.

W700

I spoke with a friend in Houston last night and she said there was a meeting with MT3 at a big station in Houston last week. She did not give details but she did say that MT3 did the majority of the talking and would not hear any ones concerns. She said a few times people would open up to speak on issues and he would shut them down.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I spoke with a friend in Houston last night and she said there was a meeting with MT3 at a big station in Houston last week. She did not give details but she did say that MT3 did the majority of the talking and would not hear any ones concerns. She said a few times people would open up to speak on issues and he would shut them down.
Why does this come as NO BIG SURPRISE?

And why does the company waste time and money on this horseschitt?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Who needs preparation? I have a laundry list of things I'd like to discuss with him. I hope they choose me!

All pre-scripted and all ass kissing Kool-Aid addicts. Total smoke and mirrors....NOTHING will be changed. They think WE are the problem, not the other way around. If MT3 thinks his "Come to Jesus" tour is going to help, he's even more of an idiot than I thought.Eff him and the jet he rode in on.

Ricochet1a

Definition of dog and pony show...

This tells me that he had a rehearsed script, and only wanted the employees as 'scenery'. Same thing happens when a political candidate goes on tour, and gives a speech with a bunch of firefighters, police officers or military personnel IN UNIFORM - standing behind the candidate (and being photographed). There is an underlying assumption that those who are 'standing behind' the candidate while the speech is given, SUPPORT the candidate.

In most instances, the individuals that are in the background are FORCED by their superiors to appear, and applaud on cue.

In this case, MT3 had his speech well rehearsed (he must be spending a LOT of time rehearsing crap for PR use), went somewhere with a screened audience (I'm positive local management was instructed to provide ONLY employees who are either timid, stupid or OD-ed on the KoolAid), then put on his show with minimal interruption from the 'audience'. When the dog and pony show is aired to the wider Express wage employee force, many will think that those in attendance are in agreement with what MT3 said - so they too should be in agreement (group think in action).

All carefully choreographed and designed by expert consultants in group psychology - all to get the feeble minded to accept a line of bull....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This stuff does more damage to morale than doing nothing at all. Employees are sick of MT3 and don't listen to what he says anymore. How many really care what he says every month on frontline? Same 'ol crap, "we need better productivity" etc. etc.

chargerlou

I'm in Houston metro district and our managing director came to station verifying he was on conference call with this baboon and said basically he wants no lates!! I told him what about safety ? Hiw do u expect us to not have lates while u have us starting later then normal his comment was I'm not telling u to speed hahahah idiots! !

hypo hanna

I'm in Houston metro district and our managing director came to station verifying he was on conference call with this baboon and said basically he wants no lates!! I told him what about safety ? Hiw do u expect us to not have lates while u have us starting later then normal his comment was I'm not telling u to speed hahahah idiots! !

My reply to him would be, "Pick your poison, lates or accidents, its your choice."

vantexan

​Skinner?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My baboon friends are extremely upset that anyone would demean them with a comparison to MT3. MT3 makes unreasonable demands and then his minions enforce said demands upon us.