Sleeper team paid for time

Teamdriver

Any other sleeper team drivers having trouble with getting holiday pay? In WI we are based on 4/10 hour days so our holidays have always been paid at 10 hours. Till now that is, now it is only 8 hrs.

chev

Nightcrawler
Sounds like you are getting jerked around, but you are going to have to refer to your supplemental agreement for your local. Ours only has language for 8 hours pay for holiday. I can't find anything about 4-10s being paid 10 for holidays. :sad-little: I will have to ask around.

outamyway

lmao. You mean "snuck in" as in the union attorneys didn't see it? Don't be an idiot.

Their are probably thousands of people who voted on this contract and didn't read the changes. Don't call me the idiot.

It was merely an added statement to go read his supplement or rider and find out for himrself. If they're getting away with paying a 40 hour guarantee worker 38 hours, then he needs to find out why.

atatbl

Their are probably thousands of people who voted on this contract and didn't read the changes. Don't call me the idiot.

^^^^^^ Has nothing to do with your original statement. Forget the masses reading the contract. That is not how things get "snuck in" (or made a "rider" in political terms). Your insinuation that this was an underhanded movement by UPS is what I was arguing. But, since you bring up "thousands" let's go with that. Then, let's use logic. It doesn't take a Venn diagram to figure out how impossible it would be for UPS to slip something by with no notice.

It was merely an added statement to go read his supplement or rider and find out for himrself. If they're getting away with paying a 40 hour guarantee worker 38 hours, then he needs to find out why.

Then why not just say that instead of saying our employer did something under the table?

outamyway

First of all, if his contract language has changed from the last one and he didn't know about it, what does that say?

Second, I consider most of the changes in the new contract to be one big sneak. So I still stand behind my original statement.

Teamdriver

I have the language from Article 43 that says 4/10's get 10 hours for holiday pay. I have file on it and it is at national as I type. What the company is saying is if the holiday falls on your schedualed work day you get 10 hrs. If the holiday falls on your day off you only get 8 hrs. Anybody else run into this?

raceanoncr

I have the language from Article 43 that says 4/10's get 10 hours for holiday pay. I have file on it and it is at national as I type. What the company is saying is if the holiday falls on your schedualed work day you get 10 hrs. If the holiday falls on your day off you only get 8 hrs. Anybody else run into this?

Team, just where exactly do you find this. It ain't in my contract under Art 43.

chev

Nightcrawler
Team, just where exactly do you find this. It ain't in my contract under Art 43.
I don't see it either. If it is in article 43, what section is it in? I have read the entire article. I see nothing that addresses this. Again I will say...this is a supplemental issue, not in the master agreement.

raceanoncr

I don't see it either. If it is in article 43, what section is it in? I have read the entire article. I see nothing that addresses this. Again I will say...this is a supplemental issue, not in the master agreement.

I would tend to say there's nothing in any supplemental agreement. Local never knew anything that we were doing. It was almost always Louky we had to answer to or grieve certain issues that local was not equipped to address and balked at.

We faced countless issues that went to National that were either covered in Master or UPS Sleeper Guidelines but never in our supplements.