Sleeping in late tomorrow. Thank you ice storms.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Did any of you guys get a story about how the "long range" radar at the Mem. airport is out and that's really what the delays are about?

Myort

Did any of you guys get a story about how the "long range" radar at the Mem. airport is out and that's really what the delays are about?

Yes, I heard that one today. We started 30 minutes late today because the "anticipated" late freight due to the radar being down. Freight was earliest it has been in a while. Lots of self-inflicted lates.

whenIgetthere

Yes, I heard that one today. We started 30 minutes late today because the "anticipated" late freight due to the radar being down. Freight was earliest it has been in a while. Lots of self-inflicted lates.

They started us an hour late yesterday, and all the freight was waiting for us when we got to work. Brilliant! My biggest customer heckled me today about being 'on time' for the first time in weeks!!

I also suffered through a ten minute barrage from a very irate customer about a package delivered Monday (I had the day off, and assumed she was speaking of one of our deliveries), so I listened and then asked her to show me the package. It was a Ground package (and it was destroyed beyond recognition), so I told her, sorry but I can't help, but if you call 800-GO-FEDEX and give them this tracking number, they will try! Can hardly wait to go back tomorrow and hear about the run around they give her. She did say she will never use Ground again, and I thanked her for that:)

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Awesome.
Starting an hr. late tomorrow.
I've been telling my customers that if you absolutely, positively, have to have something delivered overnight, you better call 1-800-Pick-Ups.

Express Courier

How'd you find out so soon? If we start late, we don't know till that morning.

We were told ahead of time too that Memphis was going to be be 90 minutes late today. We heard about this around noon time yesterday. I just checked the flight info and it's about 20 minutes later than usual. wtf

whenIgetthere

We started an hour late today, and alreay told an hour late Wednesday. I'm going in at regular time. It's peak and I got 3 hrs and 3 minutes today, and I didn't straight line! WTF!! My manager never shows favoritism. STRONGLY DISAGREE!

SmithBarney

We were told last week that memphis would be 90 minutes late wed to sat...

If we can pay someone to forecast we are going to be late, shouldn't we be able to pay someone to figure out how to avoid that?

LTFedExer

We were told last week that memphis would be 90 minutes late wed to sat...

Since I'm a late starter, I'm not privy to the information at the morning meeting unless someone tells me what they said. Management's communication with the late starters has fallen flat.