Sleeping tips for Preloaders

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by tomixx1199, May 5, 2016.

1. tomixx1199

tomixx1199 New Member

Haven't really seen a post about this, but for those of us working 4-8 am, What kind of tips do you have for getting a good night's rest?

Personally I end up with 5 hours of sleep before work and a nap afterwards. During peak when start time is around midnight, I stay up throughout all night between Saturday and Sunday. Then sleep for most of the day.

Sarcasm and sass is welcome.

2. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Make a habit of getting to bed by 7:30.

3. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

If your getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night when working prleoad your doing pretty good. Majority of preloaders work a second job I always did so never much down time. My advice to you is sleep when you can. Best bet is to put yourself on a schedule no matter how weird of a sleep schedule it is stick to it and you will fell better throughout your day.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Lay down and close your eyes.

5. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

" my advice to you is start drinking heavily."

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

When I worked preload our start time was 230 or 3 am. Ear plugs and an eye mask did wonders, especially during the summer.

7. HardknocksUPSer

HardknocksUPSer Well-Known Member

Guys it's Thursday night, my bed time isn't till 9 on Thursday nights

8. Peppermint Patty

Wow you stay up till 9?

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Wash down some sleeping pills with some booze at bedtime?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Peppermint Patty

Ya sleeping pills can always help

11. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Everyone is different. When I was in my late teens/early 20s I would stay up all night, work, then go to bed. Throughout my 20s and into my early 30s I would generally nap twice a day.

12. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

When I was in college I would go to bed around 11 and get up around 330, then when I was done with work and classes for the day take a 2 hour nap. It meant I could function when it came to do my homework and study. It sucks sleeping in the middle of the day, but I've always been a bit of a night owl. Tough to switch to going to bed at 8 or 9.

13. opey

opey Member

Rub one out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. opey

opey Member

personally I cant do sleeping pills if its going to be a short sleep, i wake up groggy as all hell, kind of a hangover feeling. needs to be minimum 8 hours sleep

15. Peppermint Patty

There was a pt sup here who spilt his sleep 1030 to 230 twice a day it worked for him for about a.decade. when I started in my early 20s I could get by with 3 or 4 houra for the day now I need at least six to get thru the grueling days. We are all different its a crapy schedule to ever find a pattern to sleep healthy

16. opey

opey Member

yea when you're under 25, you can function on 4 or 5 hours sleep a day. not so much once you hit your 30's

17. Peppermint Patty

Especially with this job your body ages so differently than an office 9to 5 gig.

18. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

All those years of four-hour nights in your 20's is how you end up overweight with diabetes and high blood pressure in your 30's.

19. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Pulling one off before I go to bed always gets me tired.

20. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I am Irish so not enough work to tire me out