Sleeping tips for Preloaders

Haven't really seen a post about this, but for those of us working 4-8 am, What kind of tips do you have for getting a good night's rest?

Personally I end up with 5 hours of sleep before work and a nap afterwards. During peak when start time is around midnight, I stay up throughout all night between Saturday and Sunday. Then sleep for most of the day.

Sarcasm and sass is welcome.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
If your getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night when working prleoad your doing pretty good. Majority of preloaders work a second job I always did so never much down time. My advice to you is sleep when you can. Best bet is to put yourself on a schedule no matter how weird of a sleep schedule it is stick to it and you will fell better throughout your day.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When I worked preload our start time was 230 or 3 am. Ear plugs and an eye mask did wonders, especially during the summer.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Everyone is different. When I was in my late teens/early 20s I would stay up all night, work, then go to bed. Throughout my 20s and into my early 30s I would generally nap twice a day.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
When I was in college I would go to bed around 11 and get up around 330, then when I was done with work and classes for the day take a 2 hour nap. It meant I could function when it came to do my homework and study. It sucks sleeping in the middle of the day, but I've always been a bit of a night owl. Tough to switch to going to bed at 8 or 9.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
There was a pt sup here who spilt his sleep 1030 to 230 twice a day it worked for him for about a.decade. when I started in my early 20s I could get by with 3 or 4 houra for the day now I need at least six to get thru the grueling days. We are all different its a crapy schedule to ever find a pattern to sleep healthy

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
yea when you're under 25, you can function on 4 or 5 hours sleep a day. not so much once you hit your 30's
All those years of four-hour nights in your 20's is how you end up overweight with diabetes and high blood pressure in your 30's.

Haven't really seen a post about this, but for those of us working 4-8 am, What kind of tips do you have for getting a good night's rest?

Personally I end up with 5 hours of sleep before work and a nap afterwards. During peak when start time is around midnight, I stay up throughout all night between Saturday and Sunday. Then sleep for most of the day.

Sarcasm and sass is welcome.
Pulling one off before I go to bed always gets me tired.