Slow helpers. Not my problem?

UPSGUY72

They are slow because your not working them hard enough. There are ways to deal with slow and bad helpers. Most end with them quitting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I read on this site all year long about how we get paid by the hour, fair days work, the only numbers I care about are on my paycheck. Why do people care about how fast a helper is?

rod

Retired 22 years
Because she does not want to wear cheaters, so she has a hard time seeing the board and the addresses. Plus, she pointed out, "I do this for a couple of weeks a year, I will give you effort, but I will not learn that stupid thing."

I can live with that.

I get a kick out of people who are so vain that they go through a good part of their life halfway blind because they don't want to wear glasses. I have friends now who couldn't read a newspaper if their life depended on it. Its fun to watch them struggle to read something like a menu when they realize their arms aren't long enough to get the print into focus. For you young people out there I will warn you that for your 40th birthday you get to wake up and realize your eyes (and other things) aren't what they used to be.

gingerkat

Because she does not want to wear cheaters, so she has a hard time seeing the board and the addresses. Plus, she pointed out, "I do this for a couple of weeks a year, I will give you effort, but I will not learn that stupid thing."

I can live with that.
I can't believe anyone would ever say that. I might think it, but never say it. When you take a job, you try, try and try again. Hey, I'm no spring chicken and the day I need cheaters, I'll certainly wear them when I need to.

OptimusPrime

I read on this site all year long about how we get paid by the hour, fair days work, the only numbers I care about are on my paycheck. Why do people care about how fast a helper is?

I don't. Just didn't want to catch flak for not using a helper properly. Seems they just don't care now. Was sent out this morning extremely light, so I sent a text to the helper that he was not needed. Later in the day I get a message saying I need to contact my helper to verify the meet point. Huh? So I call the helper coordinator. Told him I only had roughly 40 stops left, and they were all apartments, so it was unnecessary. Was told I had to use him. What? So then I called my OCS. He verified it. Said the center would catch hell if they didn't use a set number of helper hours. So basically I ended up treating the deliveries like a training sup would. Walking to the doors, correcting DIAD mistakes, making sure they info notices were properly filled out. Work as directed I guess.