small sort?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I dont see where I said everyone worked in a hub but ok

The only system you described was the hub ss.. I don't believe the author mentioned anything about where they worked though. That's all

"Theres 3 parts to SS...First part is dumping where employees dumb nylon bags into a large bin....Second part is the SS sorters sorting those packages to a bin...Third part is the bagger bagging the packages in to another nylon bag putting a label on the bag and putting it on a belt to go back to the primary to be sorted to the pd it goes to"

jchimienti

well it sounds easy enough. and i think it cant be as boring as splitting for preload. i did that for one day and that was the longest day ever

Overpaid Union Thug

I've done just about every job at UPS. Smalls was probably the most difficult job but only because there were never enough people (due to excessive call ins) so a job that should have been the easiest job turned into one of the most frustrating jobs I've ever had. I'm glad I'm full-time and in a package car 99.99% of the time and don't have to deal with any of the many annoying 4 hour jobs inside. Sure....there are annoying moments as a driver but usually only lasting a few minutes at the most. And at least we get paid the big bucks for driving. Those jobs inside are usually 3.5-4.5 solid hours of annoying hell!

sx2700

Banned
Re: small sort pay? (extra $1)

Dude, if you've been sorting packages on the sort aisle or in small sort, you should be getting a dollar more, plain and simple. Sorters are skilled employees and get skilled pay. If you've been doing it under the radar or haven't passed a sort test, then that's your own fault. You should ask to take a sort test and for your dollar raise. This should apply to all hub sorts (day, twi, night, sunrise) and local sorts (reloads, not sure about preloads).

How did you miss the part where I said I've asked many times and been told it isn't going to happen? How is it my fault that they refuse to give me the raise? I was told that we are a small center so all our jobs are considered unskilled.

worked 10 years small sort before went driving small sort has all the high senoirty people cryers they know it all its good job but keep looking driving is better bad back in smalls you stand on concrete all day dont move much

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Worked 10 years small sort before going driving. Small sort has all the high seniority people cryers. They know it all its good job but keep looking driving is better bad back in smalls you stand on concrete all day dont move much
Not sure what this is actually supposed to say (underlined section).

drewed

Shankman
Not sure what this is actually supposed to say (underlined section).

i believe its supposed to say something to the affect that its better to look for a driver position because your running around all day as opposed to standing in one spot pretty much all day on concrete