Smart pickups/SPORH

S

selfcancelsignal

Anyone know if stop counts go up if customers decide to become smart pickups? I've been on 2 different bid routes in the last year where 3 or 4 customers decided to become smart pickups, & I swear they gave & now give me more stops. More of a detriment than a benefit for customers to go smart pickup if this is in fact the case!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Smart pickups do not come off the log unless they have not processed any packages within an hour of their pickup time. I have 4 of them and my dispatch had not changed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What Dave said. Your planned day includes the pickups so shouldn't affect the dispatch, however if they don't ship that day and it comes out of your board you don't get "credit" for the pickup and your actual day doesn't include credit for the stop as you didn't do it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just found my Walmart Vision center pickup is being converted to a Smart P/U. They ship out something every day so this doesn't make sense to me.
It's probably a global change to save a little money. A Walmart Supercenter I used to do had a vision center that usually had about 2-3 envelopes going out every night, but 1 or 2 days a week they'd have nothing for me.

Dr.Brownz

Your stops as re going to go up nomatter what...

Nope, thats the attitude UPS wants you to have.

Slow down, use the methods, take all breaks (paid and unpaid, you know you get 3 paid 10 minute breaks in the west right?) and you will win every time. If they are telling you to go help this driver or that driver you take your second lunch everyday till that :censored2: stops

box_beeyotch

For those that care, ORION factors in miles for smart pickups, regardless if you go there or not.

It also doesn't take into count the pick ups you make when you deliver to the business. It projects miles based on driving from your last stop to that particular pick up at scheduled time.

By The Book

Anyone know if stop counts go up if customers decide to become smart pickups? I've been on 2 different bid routes in the last year where 3 or 4 customers decided to become smart pickups, & I swear they gave & now give me more stops. More of a detriment than a benefit for customers to go smart pickup if this is in fact the case!
If these customers go smart pickup and you get a few more stops how is that a detriment for the customer? They don't ship out on occasion and you don't go there to pickup, am I missing something?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
True....but in my case at least it frequently has me picking them up before 9:00 AM or after 5:00PM. Yet another reason for me to ignore it.
There's a route I cover that has a smart pick up that is also an authorized early pick up with a NLT 1800 commit.

Orion consistently has you break off at 1 in the afternoon for a round trip of 3 miles to go to this pick up even though it won't cancel till 1700. Also there is a 1700 regular pick up the next street over. Needless to say, everyone is about 6 miles under plan on that route

S

selfcancelsignal

If these customers go smart pickup and you get a few more stops how is that a detriment for the customer? They don't ship out on occasion and you don't go there to pickup, am I missing something?
Yeah, after re reading the post, the detriment isn't to the customer, it's to me. Haha.

By The Book

I dont get a "free pass" on anything.

I am being given conflicting instructions, and am doing the best I can to follow the ones that make the most sense.
Just giving you a hard time, as most of their Orion metrics don't seem to be effective on your route.