Smart pickups

bumped

I hate the smart pickups. I have one that makes labels for packages, but doesn't ship them all out on the same day. So, the next few days they may have something going out, but the pickup cancels out of my DIAD.

Orion used to give me miles for all my smart pickups, but since the upgrade I only get miles credit for the ones that Orion thinks will have a shipment that day.

upschuck

Please don't get me wrong---you are doing the right thing; however, the bid driver should be working to get those stops set up as either a smart or daily pickup stop.
So if they ship smaller boxes out, you want them to increase their shipping costs by 50% or more, think I'd go elsewhere.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love busting my ass to get NDA off and the customer wants me to take their outgoing. Of course I say sure no problem, but I'm cursing them in my head on the way back to the car. Sure, I'll just throw them on top of the pile of boxes loaded down the center of the bricked out car, it's already a total mess anyways, why not.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I love busting my ass to get NDA off and the customer wants me to take their outgoing. Of course I say sure no problem, but I'm cursing them in my head on the way back to the car. Sure, I'll just throw them on top of the pile of boxes loaded down the center of the bricked out car, it's already a total mess anyways, why not.
If i have a customer wanting to send something while running air, I kindly explain that I am only delivering next day air packages and do not have room to put pickups in the truck and will return to pick them up later in the day. They are usually understanding. Of course if I will not be back near that area again I will do the same as you

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Certainly will not put a non return into special counts, will put it in as unscheduled( which I do a lot ) and I have never heard a peep about it.
:its_all_good:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If i have a customer wanting to send something while running air, I kindly explain that I am only delivering next day air packages and do not have room to put pickups in the truck and will return to pick them up later in the day. They are usually understanding. Of course if I will not be back near that area again I will do the same as you

I do the same and will send an ODS to have the ground driver stop by if I know that I won't be able to.