Smartphones

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by over9five, Nov 12, 2011.

1. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

<sigh>

Wifey has decided we need new phones...... Thanks to her brother and sister coming over with their super cool phones.......

Sis has a Motorola Photon. It has a really big screen (at least compared to our phones). We want the large screen, wifi, 8MP camera, and bluetooth.

AT&T doesn't seem to offer the Photon. Anyone have a cool AT&T phone that they like?

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I only have a land line with AT&T service. It's a phone...it's used to call people. What else is it suppose to do?

3. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

My land line operates my gate!!

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Mine too.

5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I finally broke down and got a smart phone, but its a HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon. We used to use AT&T but they gave such lousy service we dropped them after over twelve years. A lot of people I know love their Iphones, I have turned into an Apple fan as far as computers go. We caught AT&T selling us two refurb phones as new ones that failed on my wife and they refused to replace. I have to admit I like the smart phone. I can listen to a radio station and surf the internet during my lunch period now. I and my sons use Verizon, they have a Blackberries. My wife started using MetroPCS and is happy with her $139 Samsung Admire for $50 a month with no contract.

6. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I'm still rolling with my dumb phone. The Kindle Fire drops in 3 days and I think I'm gonna jump on that instead of getting a smart phone.

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

iPhone!!!!

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Samsung Convoy. Basic cellphone with a camera. Sits in the holster clipped to my cup holder in the PC.

If I were to get a smartphone it would be the iPhone4--not the 4S. There were not enough upgrades made to warrant spending the $$$.

Over, if wifey's brother and sister came over with new spouses would she want one of those too?

9. over9five

Hmmmm, may look into that....

10. over9five

My son just told me to make sure a new phone is compatible with my Ford Sync.

To the Sync website!

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Most of them are. iPhones have Facetime.

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Wife has Sync in her car. Great idea when it works right.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

14. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I have a Dumb-ass phone; it will make and receive a call. It's just one notch above a Jitterbug Basic. :happy-very:

15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If you got an iPhone, you would have facetime. I am dying to try it out. I doubt it was made just for chatting. :winks:

Just sayin'

16. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

You need to behave!

17. over9five

No, she really doesn't!

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Right?!?!?!?! When did fj become the fun police????

19. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Imagine facetime and this outfit. I think Apple would have to rebuild the network. It would definitely burn the lines down. :winks:

20. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Let US here in the cafe be the judge of that. Only with pictures can we truly judge whether Apple's network will burn the lines down. :devil3: