Smell and chaffing prevention...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by margaritaville, Mar 26, 2015.

1. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

With the weather getting warmer im starting to stink a bit. Shoes and ass. I take two showers a day but still when i get off work im scared to go in the office to turn in stuff sometimes because i probably stink. And also since its getting hot out im chaffing. What do driver do to prevent these two things?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Try toilet paper

3. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

I wipe good, its mostly my boots i think but sometimes smell like ass too a bit. Just from sweating down there.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. rod

rod retired and happy

If you are going to stink up the place--in the office is a great place to do it. It lets them know you're working hard.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Soap? And how do you take two showers a day? Take one on break, shouldn't you wash on clock.

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Monkey butt.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

Gold bond powder

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Chafing is cause from damage to the skin from friction of some sort. Most people associate it with moisture but that's not always the case lack of moisture can be just as much as a problem.

A couple of years back I had chafing issues I tried everything form changing the type of under wear I wore to baby powered nothing really worked. than it just stopped I haven't had any issues since and I haven't a clue why but I know I lost a good 25 lbs and changed the way I eat even it the hot summer days when I sweat like a pig I have no issues.

As far a smelling your really worrying to much about nothing. That what happens when you actually do some manual labor for a living you sweat and end up not smelling like roses get over it nobody cares even the OMS clerk that works in the office it's come with the job.

9. DOK

DOK Active Member

Soap

10. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Deodorant

11. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Wipe poop of the dogs on your route all over you. Blame it on them. Say they attacked you and you fell in there poo.

• Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

Having some BO after a hard days work is one thing but when you show up in the morning wearing the same clothes you have all week and reeking to high heaven from not showering for the week its a whole different ballgame. Most ever center has one or two of those slobs.

13. youllbefine

youllbefine Active Member

Baby wipes ! I use them all the time. Face, hands , butt , and any thing else that may need cleaned during the day ! Also a stick of deodorant to reapply during the day

14. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I have never smelled a stinky driver.

15. Number24

Number24 #24

Old Spice deodorant.

16. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Spray your shoes occassionally, wear extra deodorant, put cologne on, (i put it in my hair) and for chaffing vaseline. Never heard of anyones butt smelling but i guess wet the toliet paper with liquid soap after completing your duty.

17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We should have locker room showers.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'm not sure which is worse----the driver who stinks after a hard day's work or the driver who stinks because he showered with cologne.

19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

If one is washing daily, using deodorant, and wearing clean clothes, how is it possible to smell? Even in the peak heat of July, I may come home sweaty, but never is there an odor.

Shoes are another issue. Using more than one pair so the shoe can air out for a day or so, is the key so bacteria can be kept in check. Charcoal innersoles are also helpful.

20. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Butt.JPG

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List