Smell and chaffing prevention...

doodoobrwn

I use gold bond friction defense. Comes in a stick. After I poop in the morning I wash my ass, dry it then wipe some of that on. Never have chafing problems any more. They also make some in a gel, if you can't find it at a drug store, they also sell it at cycling/running athletic stores.
You only wash your ass? You don't shower?

browntroll

i used to have a huge chaffing and smell problem. i changed my diet and replaced most of my liquid intake with water.
i really only get a smell problem after i hit the gym now if i go right after work and dont shower yes im pt hub worker.
i tend to shower before work.

undies

Don't wear boxers. Wear some boxer briefs, they keep everything contained and help with the thigh friction.
Make sure your uniforms aren't the cause of the smell, if they get the mildew smell, wash in HOT water to get it out. Let the uniform dry out before you throw it in the laundry bin too.
If you sweat a lot, take spare undershirts/uniforms to change into during the day, that can help too!

rod

Retired 22 years
At one time we had a shower at our center. It came in handy on a few occasions when you didn't have time to run home. Yes--you had to bring a change of clothes

Indecisi0n

At one time we had a shower at our center. It came in handy on a few occasions when you didn't have time to run home. Yes--you had to bring a change of clothes
Can you describe it more in detail? Also all the things that went on there?

BostonBo

I go to Dick's and buy something called Glide. It looks like a stick deodorant, and apply it to the areas apt to chafe. I also wear spandex underpants and a spandex undershirt to wick the sweat away. Drink way too much water the hotter it gets. Slow the pace down a bit when it gets hotter. And see if you can get the mechanics to install a dash fan to get a breeze while you're driving. I buy Gilette Deodarant and Anit-Perspirant in the spray can. You might want to keep an extra can of this in your truck for a tune up later in the day. As for the shoes, I rotate them, and sprinkle them with baking soda. If you freeze them, that will kill all the mold and odor causing bacteria, but you're wife might not be too keen on that idea.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't wear boxers. Wear some boxer briefs, they keep everything contained and help with the thigh friction.
Make sure your uniforms aren't the cause of the smell, if they get the mildew smell, wash in HOT water to get it out. Let the uniform dry out before you throw it in the laundry bin too.
If you sweat a lot, take spare undershirts/uniforms to change into during the day, that can help too!
Yup.,,so true. Throwing sweat soaked tshirts in the hamper without letting them air dry first....they get that mildew smell. Thank god for Oxiclean.

Thanks. I'm expecting my greatest post ever trophy in the mail from Cheryl by next week sometime:bpotd:
giphy.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
ou
Can you describe it more in detail? Also all the things that went on there?

You should have been there Indie. We used to play "how many sweaty UPS bodies can you stuff in a shower at one time". I think that game had something to do with why soap-on-a-rope was invented.

gatorkev85

Okay 1st thing you do and this is going to sound crazy but has worked for me for years, use woman's secret d/o on each inner thigh (you won't smell like a woman), wear under armor boxer briefs mid leg and put a little baby powder in those boxer briefs you won't chaff anymore. As for the stinky feet try putting a dryer sheet in your shoes, also works for me. Also try and wear as mu h dri fit clothes as you can to soak up sweat. Under armor makes a boxer that keeps you cool as well. Hope this helps

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Use a good anti-perspirant deodorant solid. I like Dove powder but I'm a girl. Whatever you use, after you shower and do your pits, swipe it up your ass crack one good time. Works great for that ass smell. I used to use powder for my feet but they were getting way too dry. I use coconut oil now (some ppl prefer baby oil) and wear two good pair of wicking socks under the crappy uniform socks. My piggies smell delicious at the end of the day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Use a good anti-perspirant deodorant solid. I like Dove powder but I'm a girl. Whatever you use, after you shower and do your pits, swipe it up your ass crack one good time. Works great for that ass smell. I used to use powder for my feet but they were getting way too dry. I use coconut oil now (some ppl prefer baby oil) and wear two good pair of wicking socks under the crappy uniform socks. My piggies smell delicious at the end of the day.
Coconut oil, huh I'll have to give that a try when the weather gets warm.