Smelly helpers...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And if it didn't work? The stench tends to set once the uniform dries out from being drenched in sweat. A washer will take care of it; a sink, not so much.
Yes It will. Fill up the sink with warm water with a few tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in it. Add uniform shirt... Let it soak for a half hour. Then empty out the sink....and wash the shirt in the sink with detergent and the hottest water you can still stick your hands in. Once it's rinsed out and dries..the shirt will not smell bad or like sweat.

Holydriver

my helper stinks too. hes a recent immigrant from a notoriously dirty country. he smells like onions and bologna and im fairly certain he doesnt brush his teeth. its kind of crazy though because his family is wealthy. very wealthy, like probably clearing 500k a year. even worse, he likes to follow me around always. if im sorting the truck he is there, things like that. but like the OP, he works hard and helps me get home early. as such, i try my best to deal with it

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
my helper stinks too. hes a recent immigrant from a notoriously dirty country. he smells like onions and bologna and im fairly certain he doesnt brush his teeth. its kind of crazy though because his family is wealthy. very wealthy, like probably clearing 500k a year. even worse, he likes to follow me around always. if im sorting the truck he is there, things like that. but like the OP, he works hard and helps me get home early. as such, i try my best to deal with it

Why not tell him? I had an Ethiopian teenaged boy staying with me once whose family came from big money back home. I just told him, Americans are obsessed with cleanliness and smelling good. Daily showers are the norm here. I bought him deodorant and he never smelled bad again. They just don't know. In their country it's the norm. Everyone smells bad.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Plus, a lot of people from other countries don't understand the concept of "personal space". I had to explain that too.

rod

Retired 22 years
I am confident Customers talk about how bad drivers smell in the dead of summer!

I was once told I smelled like a smoke stack. That was back when I used to be a heavy smoker. I laughed it off at that time but now I can see where this customer was coming from.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I am confident Customers talk about how bad drivers smell in the dead of summer!

They do.

I once heard a story about, minimum wage, "I'm not smart enough to get into college", "Welp, here's my last shot at becoming a trophy wife..." Victoria's Secret employees that called in a complaint about a driver that, "dripped sweat" on their packages in the middle of a South Carolina summer.

If only, Harry, could've fielded that call...

image.jpeg

Holydriver

Why not tell him? I had an Ethiopian teenaged boy staying with me once whose family came from big money back home. I just told him, Americans are obsessed with cleanliness and smelling good. Daily showers are the norm here. I bought him deodorant and he never smelled bad again. They just don't know. In their country it's the norm. Everyone smells bad.
im not going to shame the dude. ill let cope thru the season and let him eventually figure it out himself. hell, most immigrants dont assimilate to any other american cultural aspect, so smelling good isnt something i expect him to figure out either

moldsporh

I tell my helper to wear a t shirt and they can wear one of my regular shirts, swap out when I drop him off.

If it's stupid cold then no need to, but it would suck to run around in that arctic pullover all day when it's 50 to 60 deg outside .

Or 3.99 hrs.....whichever....lol

Holydriver

I tell my helper to wear a t shirt and they can wear one of my regular shirts, swap out when I drop him off.

If it's stupid cold then no need to, but it would suck to run around in that arctic pullover all day when it's 50 to 60 deg outside .

Or 3.99 hrs.....whichever....lol
i considered that too. then i realized that washing out some other mans stink is not an option. thats pretty gross really.

moldsporh

i considered that too. then i realized that washing out some other mans stink is not an option. thats pretty gross really.
Return the shirt later when u order new uniforms.

Try delivering in that straight jacket of a pullover for a few hours when it's mild outside and I think you would change your mind.

It's only sweat.....hot wash and all is good, they're not puking in the shirt, not really all that nasty.