Smelly helpers...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No one could have predicted this warm weather. I refuse to make my helper sweat to death so I let him take off the pullover and wear the vest over his UA.
I briefly considered it, however my current route's resi is in the ghetto and people simply wouldn't open the door for him without browns.
I even considered letting him borrow one of my shirts (he'd swim in it) but then realized 1) The 50s-low 60s weather is just for a few hours in the middle of the day and lunch break takes up one of those hours where he can take it off. 2) He has less than 2 weeks left. 3) My center manager was actually out observing us one day last week (random) and I don't want him getting in trouble.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My helper smells like hot garbage.... Not groomed and tries to smoke when ever he can. But the MF'r runs off pkgs like lightning.... Can't believe he passed through HR to land the job. I dropped him off after 2 hrs on Friday because I couldn't take it any more.
Any other stank helpers out there?
Put some vicks in your nostrils. You'll be fired up, and won't smell him.

bbsam

Staff member
Yep. Wash it out in the sink every night if you have to and hang it over the heat vent. Voila! Clean uniform in the morning.
Back in my bachelor days, I'd take the first half of a shower in my uniform--rinse, soap, rinse--and hang it out to dry. I did have a couple uniforms though but did end up wearing partially dried shirts a fee times.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I briefly considered it, however my current route's resi is in the ghetto and people simply wouldn't open the door for him without browns.
I even considered letting him borrow one of my shirts (he'd swim in it) but then realized 1) The 50s-low 60s weather is just for a few hours in the middle of the day and lunch break takes up one of those hours where he can take it off. 2) He has less than 2 weeks left. 3) My center manager was actually out observing us one day last week (random) and I don't want him getting in trouble.

He would not be the one getting in trouble.

I also considered lending my helper one of my shirts but there is no way that it would fit him.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
The helpers are given 1 pair of pants and no shirt here, just a coat that they sweat in and cant take off.

Here they give us a shirt. I stick a linen shirt underneath it to absorb the sweat. I don't really take the jacket off though. I don't consider the low 70's to be warm. Upper 70's that's a whole different matter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
bad-smell.jpg