Smith and Thornton's Laugh-In

vantexan

That notice that was posted LAST YEAR (I read a copy of that) was merely explaining the pay action which would occur in March 2012 - that was it. It in no way referenced ANY sort of permanence. TO THE CONTRARY, the announcement was accompanied by a statement that those beyond 50% progression were to be given either the "2 or 3% bonus" as a way to "accelerate their top out". Bullsheet. It was Express attempting to throw some extra scratch at those in high progression to get them to be a bit less agitated.

This year they weren't too concerned...

That document applied to March 2012 ONLY. It stated CLEARLY that the 'bonus' received by those past 50% progression 'could not be guaranteed in future pay actions'.

Tell you what. Go ahead and copy that document, scan it, then post it here. If there is anything in that document which was posted LAST YEAR which references any sort of permanence or establishment of a 'systemic' nature to pay actions, I'll eat a plate of crow.

We have a letter from David Bronczek on company letterhead, dated February 26, 2013 posted in our check-in room with the subject "U.S.Hourly Pay Actions Now Scheduled for October, 2013. There's a two sentence paragraph, with the second sentence underlined, that states:

"One of the necessary actions we will take to defer costs will be to move the date of our annual hourly pay actions from March to October. The pay increases for FedEx Express U.S. hourly-paid employees traditionally scheduled for March will take place in October."

The info posted in our break room is different from what was posted at last station, which was also on company stationary and explained how the raises worked. What's posted here looks like something a high school teacher would put up in her classroom to inspire the kids. It deals only with last years raise but again it isn't the official communication I saw last year. But based on the above posted in our check in room the raises we have been getting in March will now take place in October. And I bet most reading this will find it posted in their station too.