Smoking in tractors

aiian

I'm sure if you made a stink about it (zing) something would be done.

In today's PC world there has to be a law on the books in regards to smoking in the workplace which the cab of a tractor is.

Johney

How about the people who "Vape" in the buildings? I think that's the term. There are a couple in our building who do it inside.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How about the people who "Vape" in the buildings? I think that's the term. There are a couple in our building who do it inside.
When I worked inside there were a few guys smoking those ecigs while working. It wasn't like smelling cigarette smoke but rather like being at a rock concert or night club when they get that fake fog going. Still sucked to breathe.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Non smoker here, my problem with those who smoke when I'm on vacation is with those who use my dash and engine cover as an ashtray. They leave the cig burning on the dash or cover while they deliver leaving the burns and tar stains all over the car.
I used to have a line haul driver who would flip the ashes on the floor then pour coffee over them to keep them from flying around when the ash tray was full.

QKRSTKR

I don't know of any rules prohibiting smokers from smoking in tractors. They guy who I shared with didn't smoke, but there was a particular driver who started right before the guy who shared with me who smoked like a chimney. If his tractor wasn't there, he would drive mine. He was real good about not leaving butts or ashes, but I could tell the moment I stepped on the fuel tank. Look at the DVIR. Yep. I just had to get over it. There is one thing I consider almost as bad as a smoker, and that's a sunflower seed chomper. Those hulls fly everywhere and they are hard to sweep out. :furious:
I love my sunflower seeds. Man your tough. I keep a bottle or cup with me and spit them in there and discard. I am neat about it.

QKRSTKR

Quite a few guys smoke in their tractors here. I also hear that there is no smoking whatsoever if you have one of the new LNG tractors.
Not true. We are running a lot of LNG now. I have a new KW LNG. Was in office today when somebody asked if smoking was allowed in LNG tractors. Answer was yes.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Has anyone heard of "second hand smoke"?
Has anyone heard of "third hand smoke"?
Has anyone heard of OSHA regulations regarding "smoking in shared work area"?

Amazing.
As long as there is nobody in the vehicle with you at the same time, "second hand, third hand" smoke it not an issue.

Granted, it may be a problem if some jughead was smoking with the windows closed a few seconds before you got into the vehicle. Then secondhand smoke may come into play. Most of the time, the smokers are considerate and leave a window open when they smoke. There is still a smell in the tractor, some worse than others, but the smell has nothing to do with "second hand, third hand" smoke.

trickpony1

post 36......actually "third hand smoke" is the residue left in the carpet, heat/air ducts, seat covers and headliners and has been shown to have harmful effects.

We had, emphasis on "had", a driver that couldn't make it from the gate to the 200 pad without a cigarette. What do you think he was doing the other 11 hours of his run? He thought a spritz of febreeze here, a spritz there and no one could tell he had smoked in the tractor. He was wrong. What a slob.