Snipes loses

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"At his sentencing in April 2008, prosecutors said Snipes, a Florida native who has a residence in Windermere, had earned more than $38 million since 1999, but had filed no tax returns or paid any taxes."

What, he doesn't like to "spread the wealth"?

wkmac

Or it can be also read this way:

"Escaped Plantation Slave Wesley Snipes beaten by master for trying to escape. (Or even dare thinking he could) All other unthinking obedient slaves (example, see above)rejoiced at master's display of power in enforcing the plantation system!"

President Obama and Speaker Pelosi sure appreciate your undying loyality, SLAVE!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Wesley-Snipes-Evade--41139.jpg

The only part of the 2008 story that I remember is that he was charged with not paying his taxes, no details. I agree that Snipes, just like anyone else, should pay his taxes, however there could be extenuating circumstances.
Several years ago Willie Nelson was found guilty of not pay "all" of his due taxes and the government seized and liquidated nearly all of his possessions to satisfy his obligations. The kicker was that Willie had an accountant that was stealing from him and not filing complete returns for him. As far as the singer knew all was well until it all hit the fan. His tax problems are now behind him now, he never had any jail time for taxes.
Not saying that Snipes' situation is anything like Nelson's, but we don't know the whole story.

bbsam

Staff member
There have bee several of these cases litigated in recent years. Why focus on this one moreluck? Other of God's "chillums" (very telling) have made the same arguement as Snipes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm focused on this one because it made the headlines yesterday and I'm still trying to figure out how someone who made $38 million doesn't think he owes taxes.....he's so special!
There's another too, but I can't remember if it was Nicholas Cage or not....don't want to get my facts mixed up. But they (stars) think they are not like the regular lowly peons.

Zsa Zsa broke her hip last night....thats current too. She's 93. I have her autographed book, dahling! Now my 3 stories favor the whites 2 to 1. There's just no end to this equality thing!!

wkmac

Leo Tolstoy, born a decade after Douglass, wrote:
The cause of slavery is legislation. Legislation rests on organized violence. It follows that an improvement in the condition of people is possible only through the abolition of organized violence. . . We are so depraved by long-continued slavery that we can hardly imagine administration without violence. . . People must feel that their participation in the criminal activity of governments, whether by giving part of their work in the form of money, or by direct participation in military service, is not, as is generally supposed, an indifferent action, but, besides being harmful to one’s self and to one’s brothers, is a participation in the crimes unceasingly committed by all governments and a preparation for new crimes, which governments are always preparing by maintaining disciplined armies. . . it is time for people to understand that governments not only are not necessary, but are harmful and most highly immoral institutions, in which a self-respecting, honest man cannot and must not take part, and the advantages of which he cannot and should not enjoy. And as soon as people clearly understand that, they will naturally cease to take part in such deeds – that is, cease to give the governments soldiers and money. And as soon as a majority of people ceases to do this the fraud which enslaves people will be abolished.
Are you really an abolitionist?

And if you still refuse to understand the chattel property that you are...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
time to hijack this thread...............................
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/copyright-trolling-for-dollars/

Newspaper Chain’s New Business Plan: Copyright Suits

• By David Kravets
  • July 22, 2010
  • Steve Gibson has a plan to save the media world’s financial crisis — and it’s not the iPad.
  • Borrowing a page from patent trolls, the CEO of fledgling Las Vegas-based Righthaven has begun buying out the copyrights to newspaper content for the sole purpose of suing blogs and websites that re-post those articles without permission. And he says he’s making money.

Gibson’s vision is to monetize news content on the backend, by scouring the internet for infringing copies of his client’s articles, then suing and relying on the harsh penalties in the Copyright Act — up to $150,000 for a single infringement — to compel quick settlements. Since Righthaven’s formation in March, the company has filed at least 80 federal lawsuits against website operators and individual bloggers who’ve re-posted articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, his first client.

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/copyright-trolling-for-dollars/#ixzz0uTbjCbf2