Snow Day! Again

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I agree any day off is a good one, but.....I can never recall in my time at this company ever being able to ask for a day off and get one, when the weather is bad, they used whoever could get there and I can always get there.

They used to send you out, beg you not to get stuck, appreciate when you came in unscathed, and unless it was a level 3 and the state patrol or local police told us to go in, we stayed out. And we didnt get beat up for getting stuck, because I have never known anyone who said, I am going to get stuck here, but so what.

They used to send you out with way less than an 8 to make service. Now they overload you and tell you to EC. Makes no sense to me. I mean in places where we are used to and prepared for snow, not 6 feet of it, or where they never get ice, like the debacle in Dallas last year at peak. But the majority of the time there is nothing historic about the storms we have been having in the area where we historically have them. But we are handling them totally different. What is the reason?

The Reason ?

The 3 L's

Legal repercussions, Lazy stockholders and Logistics

What's a snow day? I'm a feeder driver and I drive over Donner Pass twice a day between Sacramento and Reno. Not much snow this year, sadly. We need it. But even when it is snowing, no rest for the wicked. Donner Pass is so unique it creates it own weather at times. Got plenty of chaining experience. No complaints here, I don't mind it at all.

M

Mike hunt

I'm just sitting here chilling and enjoying a snow day. Our center didn't work today due to the weather. I barely made it home from work (which was cut short, brought over 30 stops back as EC) yesterday and it had barely begun.

Its bad here. It rained all day yesterday and then almost instantly turned to sleet about 4:30 which is when the temperature really dropped. Once we were told to return to the building I had to keep using my washer fluid to help clear ice tha kept forming on the wipers and windshield. Later last night it started to snow on top of the sheet of ice that had blanketed the area. I don't know exactly how many inches but I do know it must suck for whoever has to drive in that mess today.

Our center didn't even bother having anyone come in today. It was called off last night. Tomorrow is going to suck if we actually work. In the meantime I foresee allot of Netflix and random web surfing on my laptop. I might even clean my guns. :)
I've been walking on sheets of ice . Some place look like you could ice skate on them. Proceed with caution.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What's a snow day? I'm a feeder driver and I drive over Donner Pass twice a day between Sacramento and Reno. Not much snow this year, sadly. We need it. But even when it is snowing, no rest for the wicked. Donner Pass is so unique it creates it own weather at times. Got plenty of chaining experience. No complaints here, I don't mind it at all.
You sir are a tough ole bird.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Should be team drivers up there. Hey, people get hungry.

oldngray

nowhere special
snow day.jpg