Snow day

9.5er

You guys up north can have this mess.

We started with sleet for about 2 hours before it changed over to snow. I have about 6'' of snow out my back door. Haven't ventured out yet to see how the roads look. Luckily I don't have to. Just got a text from the boss saying we were not operating today.

O happy day!! Time to get the kids dressed and crank up the 4wheeler.

9.5er

We rarely get snow here. It isn't as bad as the fiasco in Atlanta right now but that is because most people are staying home.

Several years ago when that mega-storm came through we were called to stay home as the building was being shut down. Only the second time I heard that in my career.

This past Monday the roads were shut down and all but the most closest drivers stayed home.

upschuck

Wow, and if they sent them out, everybody would say how UPS is not considering their people's safety. Give them props when they deserve it. It is not often that you can do it.

Freezing rain with no sleet or snow mixed in is the absolute worst.

Light snow first to cool the pavement but still let drivers think traction is normal, followed by freezing rain, followed by more light dry snow which fools previously mentioned drivers who now pile into the ditches, is the worst.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Last time we didn't roll was because the Guvnuh shut down all off Massachusetts !! We had a 2.5 Foot Blizzard with 50 / 60 mph winds called a Nor Easter here !! other than that I think we shut down twice in my years here !! Safety first lol here's a set to Maine,be careful out there !! your a professional !!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Govner just announced that the State is closed until Friday.
The GA DOT is to get all these stranded tractor-trailers off the roadways.
Good luck on that ... there are tens of miles of tractor trailers clogging the roadway.
Now the governor is calling for investigation of the tractor trailers and whether they had chains and whether they had deliveries inside the I-285 perimeter bypass if they were inside the perimeter (that is law).

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Sunny and 75 here. Almost always is. I've lived in states with snow and ice and I moved. Feel for you though.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Gee, I was out in it all night, working my ass off to move trailers. My dolly is a solid chunk of ice with wheels.
I passed a SC trooper on I20 last night- whited him out with all the snow my set was picking up, as I blew by him.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The Govner just announced that the State is closed until Friday.
The GA DOT is to get all these stranded tractor-trailers off the roadways.
Good luck on that ... there are tens of miles of tractor trailers clogging the roadway.
Now the governor is calling for investigation of the tractor trailers and whether they had chains and whether they had deliveries inside the I-285 perimeter bypass if they were inside the perimeter (that is law).

Ah yes, politicians at their finest: looking to blame someone other than themselves. If the Governor wants to blame truck drivers for not being prepared by not having chains, then he better follow that idea to its logical end. Blame needs to sit in his lap, and the mayor's lap for not having plows, not having salt, and for Christ's sake, not having a damn plan! I heard them blaming weather forecasters for not predicting the storm. Really? I heard all about it walking on the treadmill at the gym two days ago.

But you will never see a politician admit he or she has a blind spot, no matter what kind of hole it causes them to fall in.