Snow in the South

Big Babooba

I understand. Don't worry, I'm on my way to plow you guys out!
You might as well turn around. Big Babooba Enterprises (BBE) has just signed a snow and ice removal agreement with the State of Georgia. The negotiations were tough but we came to an agreement that benefits both parties. Under the terms of the agreement Big Babooba Enterprises will be paid $5000 per mile of road for snow and ice removal. BBE will pay a penalty of $1 per mile if the job is not completed by the agreed upon deadline of August 1, 2011. Just be patient, the job will be done. You have my word of honor.

klein

Für Meno :)
Here, my useless kitchen patio deck, for the next 2 months or more :

SANY0156.jpg
SANY0158.jpg
SANY0156.jpg

iowa boy

Same here.....but tomorrow.......................................

Hey, if you guys out east get a foot of snow, do they still run the operation and send everyone out? Since yesterday morning, we have had over a foot of snow here and are working. Am just curious what amount of snow tells management to shut down ops.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
IMG_3123.jpg

This is as far as I made it out of my street this morning. i made it about 75 feet past my mailbox.
IMG_3128.jpg

My house sits behind a hill. My driveway is there somewheres.
IMG_3134a.jpg

I have to park at the end of my driveway when we have snow or ice. Rain and sleet fell after the snow last night, the street has about an inch of ice on it now. No way to get to work tomorrow, nobody has made it out of my street today.
IMG_3143.jpg

My dog likes to eat snow for some reason, my cat won't go outside in it.

IMG_3123.jpg

This is as far as I made it out of my street this morning. i made it about 75 feet past my mailbox.
IMG_3128.jpg

My house sits behind a hill. My driveway is there somewheres.
IMG_3134a.jpg

I have to park at the end of my driveway when we have snow or ice. Rain and sleet fell after the snow last night, the street has about an inch of ice on it now. No way to get to work tomorrow, nobody has made it out of my street today.
IMG_3143.jpg

Oh to live somewhere that a dusting like that gets you the day off.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Oh to live somewhere that a dusting like that gets you the day off.

It froze over so it looks like another day off! They sent out a text awhile ago saying we are working tomorrow. LOL, they won't even answer their phones.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It froze over so it looks like another day off!

Yep, looks like I'll be taking another Discretionary Day tomorrow.

Just like Buddy, my cat Apollo gets to the door and looks at the snow, turns around and comes back in.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, you might want to get that snow off the deck. It won't collapse but I would be more concerned about water coming in to the house.

Well, if I open up the patio door, then I'll have water (snow) in the house, and I can't get to it from the outside (must be 4 ft high - since it reaches to and over the deck).

Besides, all that - that's just the way it is every year. So far so good.

Was watching CNN earlier, a lot of kids and pets have never seen snow before.
"South meet snow & snow meet south" they were saying.

wkmac

It froze over so it looks like another day off! They sent out a text awhile ago saying we are working tomorrow. LOL, they won't even answer their phones.

Just saw this at WSB so it makes me wonder how that could factor in tomorrow to UPS operating if the G-DOT still holds to that opinion?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just saw this at WSB so it makes me wonder how that could factor in tomorrow to UPS operating if the G-DOT still holds to that opinion?

Its only going to warm up to 33 tomorrow for a couple of hours and then be below freezing the rest of the week, so our little "dusting" doesn't look like its going away soon. My street has a inch thick sheet of ice on it right now, I'm not going to get out tomorrow. Some of the worst problems seem to be tractor trailers jack knifing on 1-285 near the Atlanta Airport near my Hub.

wkmac, I stayed with my mom over the weekend and I passed your building, its pretty cool looking. I have never seen a UPS building like that.