Snow in the South

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly we have a 10:30 start time today, although UPS.com shows we are still shut down. Supervisors haven't sent any text messages out and I still can't get through to my Center by phone. I still can't get up my street, and yes I know about throwing weight in back of my pickup truck.

Supposedly we have a 10:30 start time today, although UPS.com shows we are still shut down. Supervisors haven't sent any text messages out and I still can't get through to my Center by phone. I still can't get up my street, and yes I know about throwing weight in back of my pickup truck.

Did you try to put some sand bags in the back of the truck?!?!?!?!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Shh! He's obviously trying to not work.

LOL. I finally got through to my Center and the OMS said he would give me an Option Day. Its slowly improving, the interstates look better on the traffic cameras. My problem is making it off my street, I live in a cul-de-sac at the bottom of a hill. I might throw some more firewood in the back of my truck and try to make it out later today. I'm getting very bored sitting at home, I must be going crazy because I would actually like to go to work. One of our New England members posted a picture of his front door on FB this morning, they are getting hammered big time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OH, but teasing Klein is off limits for you??

I was asked to be a mod way back when DS was made a mod. I turned it down because I wanted to continue to speak with no restraints except the T.O.S.
I agree our mod. board is a good blend. You would not fit in.

Nimnim

The Nim
You'll compensate 1 day with Hurricane days..

Last day off my hub had for hurricanes was in 2004, a couple months before I started, and that was only because they didn't have the backup generators on hand for some reason.

Oh well, if it ever did snow to the point of actually sitting on the ground for more than a moment, there's no way I'm going on the road, people here can't drive in clear weather much less rain, I'd hate to see what some snow would do.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I appreciate the compliments but the mod team we have now is a cross-section of our members and does a good job keeping us in line and BC an enjoyable place to visit. Adding a closed-minded, bored, TMZ watching, Enquirer reading, editorial cartoon posting, Mini-Cooper driving Californian housewife or an overly opinionated, arrogant UpstateNY know-it-all would throw off the balance that exists.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
:surprised: NO! Say it ain't so. :wink2: Just giving you a hard time. Personally, I think you would be able to set aside your opinionated ways and be a good mod.(I actually passed this up but couldn't help myself. I had to come back to it.)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I appreciate the compliments but the mod team we have now is a cross-section of our members and does a good job keeping us in line and BC an enjoyable place to visit. Adding a closed-minded, bored, TMZ watching, Enquirer reading, editorial cartoon posting, Mini-Cooper driving Californian housewife or an overly opinionated, arrogant UpstateNY know-it-all would throw off the balance that exists.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You may have me on ignore, but you remember every detail about me........ Sandra Bullock said it best......[video=youtube;8OcT5poxEbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcT5poxEbw[/video]

djkre8r

Scratch - I heard Lunchbox got to ATL Sunday night and was put up in a hotel until this morning. Holy Smokes!!! Also heard there is 90 trailers on rail cars waiting to be taken to P-Dale. Looks like we are going to be very busy real soon!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Looks like we are going to be very busy real soon!

My Center finally got a few Package Cars on the road today, they started at 10:30 and were told to deliver as much as possible and bring it back in by 6:00. One of my Cover Drivers took my car out and called me and said he couldn't get down most of the streets. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow when I'm going back in.

P

pickup

Why is it called "The Land of the Free" then ?

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Don't start talking about propaganda, klein, your national anthem is full of it too. "glorious and free"? pulleeesseee