Snow Storm

rod

Retired 22 years
Normally when a big storm is predicted it turns out to be just the weather forecasters crying wolf but I think they may have called this one correct. Its snowing so hard you can hardly see and with 30- 40 mph wind gusts its not the pretty first snow of the season kind of snow. My Direct tv dish is plugged up with snow so we have no tv reception and now I have to convince the wife to get up on the roof and clean it out. Suppose to get at least a foot. Fun fun.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Normally when a big storm is predicted it turns out to be just the weather forecasters crying wolf but I think they may have called this one correct. Its snowing so hard you can hardly see and with 30- 40 mph wind gusts its not the pretty first snow of the season kind of snow. My Direct tv dish is plugged up with snow so we have no tv reception and now I have to convince the wife to get up on the roof and clean it out. Suppose to get at least a foot. Fun fun.
Could crack 80° here today. Brutal

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
IMG_0562.PNG

Beautiful fall day here.

rod

Retired 22 years
I figured I would open the flood gates about how beautiful the weather was elsewhere and how much Mn. sucks in the winter but I remember a month ago people on here complaining how hot and humid it was in their neck of the woods. Personally I like 4 distinct seasons.

moreluck

golden ticket member

moreluck

golden ticket member
I figured I would open the flood gates about how beautiful the weather was elsewhere and how much Mn. sucks in the winter but I remember a month ago people on here complaining how hot and humid it was in their neck of the woods. Personally I like 4 distinct seasons.
U need a freeze to kill termites!

KOG72

I’m full of it
I will always complain about the hot and humid

rod

Retired 22 years
A couple of minutes after I posted that last video of the guy on the roof (1:20 p.m.) my power went out. Now when the power goes out in the summer when you are living out in the sticks it can be a little inconvenience but in the winter its a disaster. No heat (furnace fan won't work) and no running water (ground pump won't operate). Little things like no lights and no tv are minor. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a gas fireplace that is keeping the chill out of the house and I have a couple of 2000 watt generators that I keep the fridge. a few lights (and computer) plugged into but we still have no water other than 30 gallons I keep on hand just to fill the toilets in emergencies like this. If worse comes to worse I can always get a refill out of the river (it hasn't froze yet).
The power company pulled all work crews off the road at 5:00 and have announced they won't be back out until tomorrow. There are approximately 6,000 of us without power right now and the heavy wet snow is still falling and wind is still blowing up to 40 mph. This could get bad. Sure glad I have a full jug of Black Velvet and a case of diet coke.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A couple of minutes after I posted that last video of the guy on the roof (1:20 p.m.) my power went out. Now when the power goes out in the summer when you are living out in the sticks it can be a little inconvenience but in the winter its a disaster. No heat (furnace fan won't work) and no running water (ground pump won't operate). Little things like no lights and no tv are minor. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a gas fireplace that is keeping the chill out of the house and I have a couple of 2000 watt generators that I keep the fridge. a few lights (and computer) plugged into but we still have no water other than 30 gallons I keep on hand just to fill the toilets in emergencies like this. If worse comes to worse I can always get a refill out of the river (it hasn't froze yet).
The power company pulled all work crews off the road at 5:00 and have announced they won't be back out until tomorrow. There are approximately 6,000 of us without power right now and the heavy wet snow is still falling and wind is still blowing up to 40 mph. This could get bad. Sure glad I have a full jug of Black Velvet and a case of diet coke.
Sorry to hear that man. Stay safe