So for like 3 days straight I was told to go home due to no work

Thenewbie

and that they would call me the next day if there was work....do they expect me to show up everyday just to find out there is no work for me or what? im ready to quit lol this is ridiculous. Also I checked my account, and I didnt get my direct deposit yet for the week I worked last week. Does Direct Deposit differ for the new hires? Im assuming im a seasonal hire due to the sups jerking me around. Will I still get paid even if I didnt show up all week?

PT Car Washer

No work, no pay. Seasonal is a lot like temp work. You only work when UPS needs you. Actually we are all like that. If you have any other job options, I would look into them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
and that they would call me the next day if there was work....do they expect me to show up everyday just to find out there is no work for me or what? im ready to quit lol this is ridiculous. Also I checked my account, and I didnt get my direct deposit yet for the week I worked last week. Does Direct Deposit differ for the new hires? Im assuming im a seasonal hire due to the sups jerking me around. Will I still get paid even if I didnt show up all week?

It does suck to be The newbie.

It will get better as volume increases.

It will get even better for you as seniority employees quit.

​By June next year, you should be good.

Thenewbie

No work, no pay. Seasonal is a lot like temp work. You only work when UPS needs you. Actually we are all like that. If you have any other job options, I would look into them.

will I get paid for the week that I did work? because I worked all of last week and didnt get my check yet. Dont they pay us weekly?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
will I get paid for the week that I did work? because I worked all of last week and didnt get my check yet. Dont they pay us weekly?

Your check should be in the office now for last weeks hours worked.

​If you signed up for Direct Deposit, it should be in your account now.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yea I signed up for direct deposit but nothings in my account
I believe your very first check you get in two weeks....if memory serves. So, it should be in your account next wednesday....but check with HR to confirm. You are a wedge, the most primitive tool known to man. You will, unless told otherwise, be expected to show up on time everyday....you'll work if they need you, or be sent home. We all had to play that game until we made book. Welcome to ups.....lol

Thenewbie

I believe your very first check you get in two weeks....if memory serves. So, it should be in your account next wednesday....but check with HR to confirm. You are a wedge, the most primitive tool known to man. You will, unless told otherwise, be expected to show up on time everyday....you'll work if they need you, or be sent home. We all had to play that game until we made book. Welcome to ups.....lol

yea thats the thing this whole week since tuesday I just stopped showing up because that was wasting my gas that I dont have to waste...sup told me on tuesday that if there was work on wednesday that he would call me. Prior to that, I was being sent home randomly out of nowhere..so it starts to get insulting and annoying. I dont know what they are trying to prove by jerking people around like that...if you dont want me to work just let me know..I dont get the logic of having to be there in person to let me know I dont have to work.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I would stay away from the paperless check thing. It causes you to not look at hours earned, thus your blinded to the 5, 10 minutes they might cut from you and having not known the better. I get a real check, worth something, and bring it to the bank myself.

Secondly, its common to send the lower guys home first. But there will be a time when you get a lot of hours as PT. As for being sent home, get the number for the call out place in your building. State your name, where your working and ask if I can work today without being sent home. Call about an hour before start times, someone might just need you due to call ins. This will save you the gas and time from point a to b.

As for the check, go in and see if you have a check there and ready in your name. Your process into paperless might have not gone through the system, or it might never. I tried twice to have mine go paperless, and they both failed. Its not uncommon, HR has too much to do like the rest of us and paperless gets pushed to the very back of the to do list. There might be a real check at the building without a void on it thats worth it. Take a visit there anytime, someone is always around during the weekday, FT or management.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yea thats the thing this whole week since tuesday I just stopped showing up because that was wasting my gas that I dont have to waste...sup told me on tuesday that if there was work on wednesday that he would call me. Prior to that, I was being sent home randomly out of nowhere..so it starts to get insulting and annoying. I dont know what they are trying to prove by jerking people around like that...if you dont want me to work just let me know..I dont get the logic of having to be there in person to let me know I dont have to work.
they hire more people than they need this time of year. If you really want the job, you have to suck it up and play their game.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
they hire more people than they need this time of year. If you really want the job, you have to suck it up and play their game.

Yep, that's what I told one of the new guys. I told him that ups will shave his time and its better to stay quiet about it if he's looking to work here after peak. Sad, I know. but its what it is.

over9five

Staff member
We hear this complaint E V E R Y year. Obviously, HR isn't very forthcoming about the hours.
I feel this is more than dishonest and borders unethical. They LIE to the seasonal help, pure and simple. I can remember every helper I've ever had complaining about lack of hours too. They lead these people to believe they'll be working full shifts every day starting immediately. OP, you'll be lucky to get half your hours for any week before Thanksgiving.