So How Does a Legitimate Thread Get Turned into 'Dancing Cats"?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
you said tool beavis-spitting.gif
beavis-spitting.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Only a few of the Chosen have the power to rename and move threads.

I don't know who moved and renamed this particular one, it was already done when I logged on today. Occasionally when we have multiple threads on the same topic, they are sometimes merged together. An example of this was recently one of the mods merged four different President Obama threads into one on the Current Events forum. This is simply a little housekeeping effort to straighten things up on the site a little bit. There were already two different threads in the Union Forum regarding the conference call, I would have asked your question there. From my initial impression of that thread, it looked like it went off track with videos of dancing cats after the second response or so.

barnyard

KTM rider
it looked like it went off track with videos of dancing cats after the second response or so.

Because the OP started a thread that did not need to be started. If he/she would have gone to the union issues forum, he/she would have seen 2 topics that pertained to exactly what was asked.

I belong to other forums that are waaaaaaaaay less tolerant of repeatedly posting the same thing. They merge all the same/same threads. I love it and bring that attitude with me here. "Read more and post less" is repeated to noobs until they 'get' it on another forum. It all has to do with improving the signal to noise ratio.

The OP found his/her answer, so onto dancing cats. Hopefully, we see the same trend on the "hey I got a tour" and "I am starting on .... on advice" threads too.

DS

Fenderbender
This can be accomplished in many ways.There are some members that enjoy doing this.
Other than establishing excessive rudimentary rules of conduct ,we are tolerant.
I have done it myself.God bless me.We have 2 cats,one dances,the other eats.
What is this thread about?

Big Babooba

A thread conversion request was sent to Big Babooba Thread Conversion Service. After the proper paperwork is completed and the funds are received, the thread is then converted to the Fortran IV language by Chinese scribes. It is then programmed into our Forbin Colossus computer which determines what the thread will be converted to.

If you have a thread that needs conversion, please send a certified check for $5280.00 to:
Big Babooba Thread Conversion Service
1760 Waddafugizdis Blvd
Uummannaq, Greenland

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Only a few of the Chosen have the power to rename and move threads.

I don't know who moved and renamed this particular one, it was already done when I logged on today. Occasionally when we have multiple threads on the same topic, they are sometimes merged together. An example of this was recently one of the mods merged four different President Obama threads into one on the Current Events forum. This is simply a little housekeeping effort to straighten things up on the site a little bit. There were already two different threads in the Union Forum regarding the conference call, I would have asked your question there. From my initial impression of that thread, it looked like it went off track with videos of dancing cats after the second response or so.

What would you know?
You're a Springer Spaniel?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A thread conversion request was sent to Big Babooba Thread Conversion Service. After the proper paperwork is completed and the funds are received, the thread is then converted to the Fortran IV language by Chinese scribes. It is then programmed into our Forbin Colossus computer which determines what the thread will be converted to.

If you have a thread that needs conversion, please send a certified check for $5280.00 to:
Big Babooba Thread Conversion Service
1760 Waddafugizdis Blvd
Uummannaq, Greenland

Why do you feel a need to outsource the Fortran IV langauage conversion to the Chinese?
Secondly; is there any correlation between the price, and the distance in feet for a mile?
Thirdly, does Greenland not subscribe to the international postal code system?

Big Babooba

Why do you feel a need to outsource the Fortran IV langauage conversion to the Chinese?
Secondly; is there any correlation between the price, and the distance in feet for a mile?
The Chinese scribe has been living under my cellar stairs for the last 20 years. He makes one kick ass egg foo young!
It's a cheap marketing ploy. You are thinking too much for your own good.
It's so damn cold up here that the print heads on my printer froze up when it got to that line.

DS

Fenderbender
Unfortunately there is no international postal code system.
This is why ups is having problems implementing PAS in countries that use letters
instead of numbers.
Sounds like a no brainer to me .We have computers now.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is why ups is having problems implementing PAS in countries that use letters
instead of numbers.

It's Obama's fault.

Big Babooba

instead of numbers.
Don't listen to him. He hails from the Land of Klein!