So I am taking a cut in pay to become a driver?

OptimusPrime

After some hassles, finally got my first check from my center. Anyways was kind of surprised I was only making $16.10 an hour. They basically said that was the cost to play the game. You want to become a driver, your pay rate gets reset. I guess it's not the end of the world, with more hours and OT, but don't combo guys keep their same wage when they go full time?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
After some hassles, finally got my first check from my center. Anyways was kind of surprised I was only making $16.10 an hour. They basically said that was the cost to play the game. You want to become a driver, your pay rate gets reset. I guess it's not the end of the world, with more hours and OT, but don't combo guys keep their same wage when they go full time?
22.3 combo, seniority and two year progression finished? having run an air route and full driving responsibilities? You go to top driver rate.

Just a PT ins/exception air combo but not FT, does not qualify and you start at $16.10.

That's how it works in this area, anyway. Check your local supplements.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Everyone keeps the same wage your just frozen until progression catches up. At least that's how I always understood it.

brownrod

22.3 combo and full time driver have different progression lenghts. Currently it is a 3 year progression for FT driver. I'm not sure what the current 22.3 progression is but in the last contract it was 2 years. If you've served your 2 years progression for 22.3 you would still need to make up the difference. Meaning you would have a 1 year progression to make top pay in full time driving.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You were cut to newbie casual rate. Wrong! You need to speak with your sup with a steward and inform them that they have x amount of time to make up the difference(which was the top air/22.3 rate you were making), or you will expect the contractually agreed upon penalty of Double Time.

S

splozi

Are you selling tickets to this giggle fest? I hear some awesome bands are playing.

menotyou

bella amicizia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMAO!!!! The line up is second to none. That's for sure. Tickets can be had, but they aren't for sale. It's one ticket per show. No refunds. :winks:

S

splozi

I might not be able to afford it then.

Are you gonna be selling DVDs of the show afterward?

OptimusPrime

22.3 combo, seniority and two year progression finished? having run an air route and full driving responsibilities? You go to top driver rate.

Just a PT ins/exception air combo but not FT, does not qualify and you start at $16.10.

That's how it works in this area, anyway. Check your local supplements.

I'm in my 30 day qualification period. But the part that confuses me is why my first check was messed up. They said I am categorized as basically being on loan from my old part time position, I guess basically like how I was considered as seasonal. For that I made my normal hourly pay the same as if I was sorting.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm in my 30 day qualification period. But the part that confuses me is why my first check was messed up. They said I am categorized as basically being on loan from my old part time position, I guess basically like how I was considered as seasonal. For that I made my normal hourly pay the same as if I was sorting.
You are NOT on the FT books, correct? Therefore you are entering the FT driving progression from a part-time combo, not full-time 22.3. You should be at the lowest progression wage for FT driving, I would assume. Someone , please correct me if I'm wrong.

UPSGUY72

You need to read Article 41. Section 2. (C)

"Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2008 who subse- quently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression. "

File a grievance first thing Monday morning and use Article 41. Section 2. (c)

They owe you money and make sure you get every dime...

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Sounds like you were classified as seasonal/casual, not permanent full time.
You need to read Article 41. Section 2. (C)

"Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2008 who subse- quently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression. "

File a grievance first thing Monday morning and use Article 41. Section 2. (c)

They owe you money and make sure you get every dime...
This^^^.
The OP has not yet qualified so Art 41 would not apply until he does.
Huh?:confused: What are you basing this on? Are you saying that transfer date means date he achieves seniority, and not the date he's transferred from part time hub to full time driver?
I disagree. If the negotiators meant 'upon qualifying' or 'upon attaining seniority', that's what it would say.