So I am taking a cut in pay to become a driver?

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Are you a Seasonal driver or a cover driver, part time ?

if so, then you get pay cut down to $16.10.

Did you win a bid for a Perminent full time driver ?

If so, then you should stay @ your previous top rate pay position till the driver progression rate is more then your previous rate.

Make sure you know what you bid into. The seasonal or part time cover isn't worth it unless you can't make a secondary income .

My part time position and side work makes me far more $ then doing part time cover and I'm home alot earlier and not ticked off bought a pay cut and late home arrivals.

Also, taken the lesser driver positions just gives them another reason not to open a Perm. Full time higher pay driver bid.

The way I C it, if they want me to Deal with the B.S. of Full time as a bottom guy being bounced around to a different crap route daily then I want real pay. Especially if you have good area knowledge and good knowledge of Full time service then you are worth more then the seasonal temp position.

OptimusPrime

Are you a Seasonal driver or a cover driver, part time ?

if so, then you get pay cut down to $16.10.

Did you win a bid for a Perminent full time driver ?

If so, then you should stay @ your previous top rate pay position till the driver progression rate is more then your previous rate.

Make sure you know what you bid into. The seasonal or part time cover isn't worth it unless you can't make a secondary income .

My part time position and side work makes me far more $ then doing part time cover and I'm home alot earlier and not ticked off bought a pay cut and late home arrivals.

Also, taken the lesser driver positions just gives them another reason not to open a Perm. Full time higher pay driver bid.

The way I C it, if they want me to Deal with the B.S. of Full time as a bottom guy being bounced around to a different crap route daily then I want real pay. Especially if you have good area knowledge and good knowledge of Full time service then you are worth more then the seasonal temp position.

Full time bid. My training route probably wont be in tomorrow but definitively gonna pay them a visit. Wanna get this pay deal sorted out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After some hassles, finally got my first check from my center. Anyways was kind of surprised I was only making $16.10 an hour. They basically said that was the cost to play the game. You want to become a driver, your pay rate gets reset. I guess it's not the end of the world, with more hours and OT, but don't combo guys keep their same wage when they go full time?

Yep! Think of it like a promotion into management.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Full time bid. My training route probably wont be in tomorrow but definitively gonna pay them a visit. Wanna get this pay deal sorted out.
I don't know why you wouldn't stand there and ask for a broom, if they want to say you have no work. No trying to be rude, but you are FT then you are guaranteed 8 hours a day. That guarantee states nothing about what you will be doing. Remember that. Do not contact them until you are standing there in browns ready for work.

OptimusPrime

I don't know why you wouldn't stand there and ask for a broom, if they want to say you have no work. No trying to be rude, but you are FT then you are guaranteed 8 hours a day. That guarantee states nothing about what you will be doing. Remember that. Do not contact them until you are standing there in browns ready for work.

Pretty sure I am not classified as FT until after my first 30 days.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Pretty sure I am not classified as FT until after my first 30 days.
Nope. You accepted the assignment of a FT driver. You have to work 30 out of the first 90 days to get out of probation. Nothing in there about driving. Start sweeping, if they don't have a truck. Demand your contractual guarantee, they won't hand it to you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Think about it like this: Even Upstate had to concede the point. Not to me, as he has this 5 yr old crush on me and likes to push my arm, instead of just realizing he has no chance. But, the point was conceded nonetheless. :winks: