So I tried to quit, and it's not working.

Storm_Cloud

New Hire.
My supervisor has always been very nice to me, I've got lots of respect for this man. But recently, I tried to quit. I let him know that it was too much and my family wasn't letting me get the sleep I need and transportation was becoming an issue. I put in my two weeks. What I meant by "I'm putting in my two weeks" is "I don't want to work here anymore, but if you need me— I'm NOT going to leave you hanging... so use me for these two weeks if you need to, but I don't want to work here anymore."
He's having me work during this time (which from this site, I hear is almost unheard of), but he told me today that he's hoping that my schedule will start to work out and that I'll want to stay. He doesn't want me out of the company.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to be rude because when I pursue other jobs, I'd like him to not give negative reviews.

What do you suggest? Also, is UPS desperately low on workers right now? I don't understand why he'd try so hard to keep a worker who doesn't even preform very well.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Who cares what HE wants? If you don't want to work here anymore, fine...you will be replaced shortly. You gave your two weeks notice...so on your last day, remind your sup it's your last day of work and see ya!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
'cause I need advice from people who're within the company. My question is asking how to not step on toes.
Give your two weeks and leave. It really is that simple. If you're quitting before a year....chances are you will not be rehired anyway....so who's toes are you concerned with stepping on?

km3

Also, is UPS desperately low on workers right now?

Yes. $10/hr only gets you so much. I could quit and go work at Arby's for more money. I would if not for tuition reimbursement and insurance.

'cause I need advice from people who're within the company. My question is asking how to not step on toes.

In a lot of areas, new hires are told that if they don't last at least one year, they'll get a negative rehire status. If your building has this policy, you don't need to worry about stepping on toes because you'll be done with UPS for good either way.

It's your life. Do what's best for you.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My supervisor has always been very nice to me, I've got lots of respect for this man. But recently, I tried to quit. I let him know that it was too much and my family wasn't letting me get the sleep I need and transportation was becoming an issue. I put in my two weeks. What I meant by "I'm putting in my two weeks" is "I don't want to work here anymore, but if you need me— I'm NOT going to leave you hanging... so use me for these two weeks if you need to, but I don't want to work here anymore."
He's having me work during this time (which from this site, I hear is almost unheard of), but he told me today that he's hoping that my schedule will start to work out and that I'll want to stay. He doesn't want me out of the company.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to be rude because when I pursue other jobs, I'd like him to not give negative reviews.

What do you suggest? Also, is UPS desperately low on workers right now? I don't understand why he'd try so hard to keep a worker who doesn't even preform very well.

How much sleep you need?

Man up and take care of your family

Storm_Cloud

New Hire.
Give your two weeks and leave. It really is that simple. If you're quitting before a year....chances are you will not be rehired anyway....so who's toes are you concerned with stepping on?
Don't want to be rehired. I don't want future employers to call and ask them about me to get a negative response.

km3

Don't want to be rehired. I don't want future employers to call and ask them about me to get a negative response.

Working here for only a few weeks isn't going to look good. In your position, I'd just write the time you've been at UPS off. Don't even mention it on future applications. You never worked here.