So I tried to quit, and it's not working.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Storm_Cloud, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

My supervisor has always been very nice to me, I've got lots of respect for this man. But recently, I tried to quit. I let him know that it was too much and my family wasn't letting me get the sleep I need and transportation was becoming an issue. I put in my two weeks. What I meant by "I'm putting in my two weeks" is "I don't want to work here anymore, but if you need me— I'm NOT going to leave you hanging... so use me for these two weeks if you need to, but I don't want to work here anymore."
    He's having me work during this time (which from this site, I hear is almost unheard of), but he told me today that he's hoping that my schedule will start to work out and that I'll want to stay. He doesn't want me out of the company.
    I don't know what to do. I don't want to be rude because when I pursue other jobs, I'd like him to not give negative reviews.

What do you suggest? Also, is UPS desperately low on workers right now? I don't understand why he'd try so hard to keep a worker who doesn't even preform very well.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Who cares what HE wants? If you don't want to work here anymore, fine...you will be replaced shortly. You gave your two weeks notice...so on your last day, remind your sup it's your last day of work and see ya!

3. bleedinbrown58

why is this even a thread?

4. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

'cause I need advice from people who're within the company. My question is asking how to not step on toes.

5. bleedinbrown58

Give your two weeks and leave. It really is that simple. If you're quitting before a year....chances are you will not be rehired anyway....so who's toes are you concerned with stepping on?

6. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Yes. $10/hr only gets you so much. I could quit and go work at Arby's for more money. I would if not for tuition reimbursement and insurance.

In a lot of areas, new hires are told that if they don't last at least one year, they'll get a negative rehire status. If your building has this policy, you don't need to worry about stepping on toes because you'll be done with UPS for good either way.

It's your life. Do what's best for you.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

if you leave with two weeks notice and on fair terms, UPS won't do anything except verify you worked from this date to that date. They wont give recommendations. You are over-thinking this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

How much sleep you need?

Man up and take care of your family

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

"You can't walk away now."

10. Mr.nobody

Mr.nobody Member

You're soft

11. useyourloadstand

useyourloadstand New Member

On your last day go dick out for harambe. WHen future employers call they will go "oh, that dick's out for harambe guy". instant legend

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Please don't leave. You are not replaceable

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  13. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Oh, and you must be bored? Hi, bored.

14. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

:likeit:

15. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Oh, how right you are...

16. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

It's not like that. I'm not very old. I'm talking about siblings and parents.

17. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Don't want to be rehired. I don't want future employers to call and ask them about me to get a negative response.

18. bleedinbrown58

Don't worry..even If that happens.....Burger King will still hire you.

19. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Working here for only a few weeks isn't going to look good. In your position, I'd just write the time you've been at UPS off. Don't even mention it on future applications. You never worked here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud New Hire.

Maybe... but I don't have any other experience.